What's new

3 cylinders

Reaction score
. Does anyone know the procedure for removing the connector without breaking it.
You have to sqeeze the top of the connector at the back where the wires go in. Best to grip it with your finger on the bottom and your thumb on the top and sqeeze. Its just a plastic tab clip:)

Reaction score
Hi Mates,

How long are lifespan of the coilpacks? At what mileage do i have to standby a coilpack...my car has covered almost 43000km now...

anybody has tried the splitfire coilpack? any differences compared to standard?

G

gunner93

My SR developed mid-throttle misfiring one fine day. So I drew up an elimination list...

Got a new set of Denso sparks - still misfiring.

Changed to Splitfires - still misfiring.

Finally I found out later that it was my O2 sensor that was faulty. :rotfl:

G

GUEST_JDM

Hi Mates,

How long are lifespan of the coilpacks? At what mileage do i have to standby a coilpack...my car has covered almost 43000km now...

anybody has tried the splitfire coilpack? any differences compared to standard?

hey mate wouldn't worry yet 60'000 km is sugested replacement but they go near forever in most cases wait till it breaks then fix it and know of gtr that gained ten kw's out of spit fire coils on a dyno!

Reaction score
hey mate wouldn't worry yet 60'000 km is sugested replacement but they go near forever in most cases wait till it breaks then fix it and know of gtr that gained ten kw's out of spit fire coils on a dyno!
I got to 43K when one of mine developed the "WRX syndrome" I replaced them with Splitfire coils and I can say without a doubt that it did bugger all as far as KW power gains.

Heat is the biggest problem with the coil packs and its a good idea to leave the stock cover off or buy a vented coil pack cover from Greedy or Tomei :)

G

GUEST_JDM

yeh ive heard lots of things bout spit fires making a diff and doing near nothing, i know that the gtr was able to be tuned slightly better because of the splitfires being installed hence the gain.
insulation break down within the coil is normally the death of the little buggers due to the fact its all V90 rated insulation and an sr well get above that easy

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I believe the Splitfires are best as the engine reaches higher revs. As such, you won't get the best from them without remapping with them.

Reaction score
Country
Most of the guys at ns.com dont recommend splitfires if you are running big power. They have said at higher boost levels, the splitfires dont provide enough sparks.

MSD or bosch but I dont like the idea of splicing into the loom

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Which is bizzare, as this is exactly the thing which Splitfire say their coilpacks address, as the standard coilpacks do this.

Reaction score
Country
Yes I know but splitfires can market their coilpacks to do anything :p

Even the HKS twin power with stock coils is better than the splitfires.