What's new

3 cylinders

Reaction score
ahh yea... they're not strickly nissan..... just thought of that cause you said.

there is a renault right in front.....

Richard Sanders Nissan and RICHARD SANDERS RENAULT Authorised dealer

but, different numbers for both... they're in seperate buildings and the nissan service is deffinately not in with the renault. nissan used to be along the road and deffinately wasn't the same company before.... still...

retards! :D lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. Never take your car to them to work on :no: These dual franchises are basically Renault dealers who also service Micras and Primeras... Just wait till you ask them to look up an S15 part that's never been ordered before...

The best Nissan dealers are the sole franchise ones, like West Way Nissan. Even then they can be hit or miss.

Reaction score
yea, don't think i'd ever trust them..... even if it was just a primera or something...

i'd perfer to take it somewhere smaller, more specialized!

with having "fast" now.... it makes things easier to just find part numbers without nissan, and just give them that part number...

Reaction score
well, got it today, they're a bit snotty down there!!! GRRR....

i know off topic, but i asked about test driving a 350z (for personal interest) and they were really arrogant! i know i look young... but really, if i hadn't just brought the S15 and was in the market for one, i certainly wouldn't get it from there! basically all i got was the look of "you're not going to take one of our cars out, you don't look responsible enough and "can't you've got to book, we're really busy" in such a rude tone! felt like telling them to stuff the coilpack and go else where!!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd ask them to come out and look at the S15, ask them if they know what it is, then ask them if they know what power it runs standard, then how much its worth. When you've told them all that, ask then if they'll give you a test drive NOW. When they say yes, tell then to FRO as you've now arranged one at they're nearest competitor because they were a bunch of judgmental arrogant shites when you asked last time... :p

K

kopijack

bit OT: priced a coil pack in Ireland and they are looking for 180 Euro not including VAT!!!

need to get myself one and I think im going to order from the UK

M

Meddy

kopijack said:
bit OT: priced a coil pack in Ireland and they are looking for 180 Euro not including VAT!!!

need to get myself one and I think im going to order from the UK
Ive got two brand spankers for sale. Wheres the shameless plug smiley?

Reaction score
that would be a way... but it does it atm soooo infrequently, that it could be ok for weeks.... then do it.... then weeks apart again....

would the nissan port be able to tell me which was missing? anything stored on the ECU?

S

Speedy

I dont know about Nissans but Mazda's report a P code so we can see which cylinder is missing :thumbs: Might be worth a trip to Nissan to ask if they have the same system as it is Japanese.

Reaction score
problem solved!!! :D

done it again the other night (again, after it had rained!!!)

started pulling them off again, and it was cylinder 4! :D

B

b17duf

Think its a good time to bump this thread as this as just started happening to me!!!

Took my car for a health check at my local tuner, running perfectly. pulled it in to his building swithched it off. Popped the bonnet fired it up again and it was missing (only running on 3 cylinders). The exhaust emmisons for unburn fuel where off the scale. Took the coilpacks and plugs out all looked fine, even carried out a compression test. No signs of anything untoward. Put it back together fired it up and running perfectly again.

So where's the best place to get a coilpack from and are they all the same for each cylinder (Think they are)

Thanks

B17DUF

Reaction score
If its a dodgy connector, fix it :p
Yes an old post but at least I searched. When removing my coonector for my S15 coilpack the little tab on top broke. I tried to remove it by unclipping but was not sure and it came off after some pieces of plastic broke off. Where can I get a replacement connector and how do I put back in the wires, do they just slip in. I would prefer a new connector but if I can get a god conditioned used one that'll do. Does anyone know the procedure for removing the connector without breaking it.