What's new

Energy Subframe bushes

Reaction score
Country
Quick one -

When removing the old bushes from the subframe do I need to completley remove everything including the metal bit? I cant remember which bushes need them leaving in and which dont...

Also I take it lots of fire is best to remove the old ones :D

Cheers :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, if you remove the metal bits you won't be able to use the energy bushes. Set them on fire and let them burn! This will remove everything that needs to be removed for you.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cut the lot out for the DW ones. The Energy bushes are the ones to go for though IMO. The black ones contain graphite and are self lubricating too.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
S15 subframes are different and have different collars to other Nissans. Just set them on fire and let them burn. All there is in there are metal cups (that won't come out unless you cut them out), and rubber bushes. All 4 are the same. don't worry though, you can't go wrong and the bushes fit perfectly! ;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The S15 subframe doesn't have any of that crap in there. It is literally 2 massive cups that are press-fitted into the subframe and line the entire hole - there no tabs or anything like that. It's hard to explain until you do it but you actually can't go wrong. Just remove all of the rubber from the original bushes and fit the energy ones :)

Reaction score
Country
This is what im left with Craig -

Does that look the same as yours yes? The small tab at the bottom, that stays?

With the energy bushes they are in 2 parts which way up do they go, is it self explanatory?

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
imho, if you bother to take the bushes out you are better off putting solid alloy ones back in and doing a little roll centre correction while you are there.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah mate, just clean it up a bit and your good to go. If you have it powdercoated, try to maks off the inner part of the cup as the added thickness would cause the bush to be tight.

The Energy bushes are really easy to fit. The top one goes into the cup (with the assistance of a large dead blow hammer), and the bottom one seats properly when you fit the subframe.

The solid bushes are certainly optimim but they tramsmit a lot noise, especially with solid diff bushes too. AFAIK, all of the newer performance Nissans have moved to solid diff mounting now instead of bushes. Makes sense really, just a bit more NVH.

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
Well, if you drive hard, solid mounting everything means you break less shafts and boxes! It not that bad tbh, but if you have bits that can rattle, they will... Nothing a slightly higher idle can't sort out :p