What's new

Lambda issue, boost question, and interior heater questions? Need comparisons

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey guys a few issues!
Firstly- for my mot I had to put a new lamda sensor in as it had failed, it instantly solved the problem, and made the car run smoothly, less thana month later it feels like it's gone again.
Basically when it was running well it wouldn't pop and bang all the time but it has started to do it every gear change and I feel alittle hesitation sometimes. I run without the cat and have the pigeon mod done, do you think this could be killing te sensor? I don't want to be replacing it every month.

Secondly-it's running sock boost, no controllers etc, and up til 5000rpm it boosts til .5bar then over 5k it boosts to about .7, is this normal?

And thirdly- my interior heater is odd, if I have it on 18 it's cold and if I switch it to 18.5 or higher it goes hot!!! This can't be normal right?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
18.0 on the climate control system means 'LOW' really, so it will pump out cold air. If its really cold in the car 18.5 should give you hot air until the car reaches, or nearly reaches that temp, then it will hold steady at that temp by blowing cooler air. If it is red hot and doesn't cool then you probably have a problem.

The pigeon mod will make your car pop, bang, overfuel and stall. Not sure if it will kill your sensor but there will be huge amounts of unburnt fuel pasing it, so it probably is messing it up, yes.

Boost sounds about right really. The OE control is progressive.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hmm there must a temp sensor inside the car then? As even when it's boiling it still pumps out hot on 18.5!

Craig do you think a manual boost controller will remove boost staging, and create a more linear boost rise! All I want is abit more boost lower down, as I've come from a 2jz which is so torquey and I miss that, so I was hoping .7 bar at 3.5-4k would be better!

Not sure what to do about the O2 sensor problem! I don't have the original recirc valve to remove the pigeon mod, plus it sounds awsome!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, the temp sensor is to the left of the steering wheel in the dash. Search through the useful links as there is a duagnostic test for the climate system.

A manual boost controller should do the job, but an electronic one would be better.