What's new

bonnet dampers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i seem to remember someone was trying to rework a set of mounts for some bonnet dampers from an s14 and wondered how you got on....it may of been craig but i can't recall. anyway, this is a thing i wouldn't mind getting fitted so if anyone has any info please let me know ;)

cheers

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I began work on it but didn't get too far. The amount of force required to compress each damper was around 85kg and it would be acting on the bonnet hinge and one wing bolt, which I didn't really like the thought of..

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
weren't they originally designed for s14 though mate?
if they are fine to lift the bonnet on that they shouldnt cause a 15 any troubles should they?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they were for a 14 but they won't work on a 15 without fairly major modification. They are designed to sit between the wing and bonnet when the bonnet is closed, but they don't physically fit.

The only other way I can see doing it is with a similar system to the mk5 golf, where the strut is mounted deeper in the engine bay and attaches further up the bonnet.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
gotya, well good on you for trying mate....have you heard any news about the spats, because i haven't.....???

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was thinking about the bonnet dampers as well. I haven't had much time to look at it though, it is on my list.