What's new

Front wheel/hub studs and wheel nut problems. Need help

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Basically I picked my s15 up last week and the PERSON who had it before me obviously couldn't do the wheel nuts up properly, they were ultralight wheel nuts (it has ultralight wheels too) and they are cross threaded and basically buggered. I want to replace the studs with longer ones so I can fit spacers.

does anybody know where i can get some longer studs and new nuts?
Is the s15 hub the same as a s14? Therefor enabling me to purchase s14 ones.

Really annoying as it's stopping me driving the car! So need them asap
Thanks
Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
you won't need to replace the whole hub the studs bash out, twat them with a lump hammer:thumbs:. Rallydesigns do longer studs your want m12 x 1.25 studs can't remember spline size but same fit ment as subura if i remember correctly and nuts.

done

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Easily sorted dude...

1. Call Dan @ SRB Power... he deals with H&R spacer kits that come with longer studs (I ordered 15mm ones for my previous S15). They aren't the cheapest kits but with H&R you get guaranteed quality and fitment!

2. Call SPD Automotive (look up on Google) or try Japshop IIRC (same company deals with Ultralite wheels). You need to get original Ultralite nuts since the taper on them were always very different to other rims. Put it this way, my Rays wheel nuts fit most Jap wheels but they didn't fit Ultralite which is a bugger... so best stick with Ultralite wheen nuts. They sell them as seperates so you can order as many as you want ;)

3. As TurboAL says, take your brake disc and caliper off then bash out the old studs one by one. You will have access by spinning the hub and there's a gap in the heat shield which will allow you to insert replacement studs one by one. Also worth bearing in mind front and rear studs are NOT the same on S14/15... the section where the splines are mounting to the hub differs between front/rear :wack: