pod filter
nistune
3inch turbo back exhaust
boost controller
fmic
bov
fuel pump
5 puk clutch

its been tuned to 15 psi but spikes to 17 then backs to 15 due to the boost controller having a spike feature. anyway it pulls 288hp at the rear wheels
my question is is this power average for what i got or am i about to seriously stuff everything up.?
its done like 96000 kms so it isnt old eeither

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that sounds a little high, maybe the dyno reads high. It converts to 214kw atw. I would expect a car with your mods to be around the 190kw atw mark. maybe there has been more done to your car than you know.

Jay

Reaction score
without injectors and an afm, i think those figures are a lil high. achieveable with the aforementioned bits though.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i agree with the above - you'll not get 288 atw from a standard turbo with standard injectors and afm....they're all on thier very limit at that point. i'd say it's a flywheel figure in which case a quick tweak of the map should get yoou over 300 easily ;)

N

nemesis15

nah its definatly a at the wheels figure. before it was nistuned it was dynoed at 225hp at the wheels, i have a mate who has same setup as me but uprated turbo and he puts out 327 at the wheels.
just trying to get a idea of what others have with roughly same set up as me, wanted to see how out of the ball park my figure was.

N

nemesis15

i just went down today to collect my old parts and its def a at the wheel figure

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i just went down today to collect my old parts and its def a at the wheel figure
any decent place will provide 4 graphs....afr, boost, atw power and torque and atf power and torque.
lots of rolling roads want a happy customer that will come back again and again. something just isn't right there. the modifications and the power output don't tally up, and people will keep saying that. try another rolling road if you want to be certain it's a wheel figure, but it wont be ;)

Reaction score
When you get a rolling road figure you have to take it with a pinch of salt, there's very few that'll read accuratley. Your figure suggests you're making more power than me when I ran a GT2871R at 1.4 bar on 740cc injectors, which just isn't going to happen in real life.

Jay

Reaction score
stock injectors will max out at 305 to 310bhp atf, u could run them at 105-107% and get 315-320, but it wouldnt be very safe or reliable. sounds like you got a dyno operator who wants to make his customers happy, or you have the injectors and afm upgraded already. sorry but the numbers just dont add up with your mods...

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
See at the end of the day these computer mapping systems can be edited/altered with out you knowing if your tunner wanted to give you a print off saying your car made 1000whp he could...easy,

Though saying this...I cant see how you couldnt run 288whp when having a 3 Inch Turbo Back, FMIC, Induction Kit, Chip, Boost Controller and a uprated fuel pump...if you changed the above

but as to your comment
i have a mate who has same setup as me but uprated turbo and he puts out 327 at the wheels.
He wont have the exact same set up as you...if he does I would get your car out of what ever garage is mapping and tuning your car cause they are taking you for a ride :)

N

nemesis15

oh i know im not trying to be a douche, i know the tuner personally and alot of my mates with silvias go there what i got was average for my setup. i know my afr is running on max same with injectors on full boost.
my car seems to do pretty well against alot of tuned commodores some of my mates have too i have a friend with a r34 thats tuned with fmic hks gtrs i think it is turbo , fuel pump etc, and his cars dyno says 306 at the rears and im managing to stick along side him the whole time.
anyways never mind we'l see when it goes for another tune in the future depending on how long i have the car for haha prretty interested in a 350z

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
mate, i run a 2871r with cams, management changes and all supporting mods and i get 305 atw at 1.3 bar..... it's just not feasible with what you have fitted...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I cannot believe that your car is running 288whp with standard AFM and injectors at 15psi.

Mine is 271whp at 1.2 bar with Z32 AFM and 740cc injectors (among other bits).

Have you take your car to another dyno as others have suggested to compare figures?

Jay

Reaction score
oh i know im not trying to be a douche, i know the tuner personally and alot of my mates with silvias go there what i got was average for my setup. i know my afr is running on max same with injectors on full boost.
my car seems to do pretty well against alot of tuned commodores some of my mates have too i have a friend with a r34 thats tuned with fmic hks gtrs i think it is turbo , fuel pump etc, and his cars dyno says 306 at the rears and im managing to stick along side him the whole time.
anyways never mind we'l see when it goes for another tune in the future depending on how long i have the car for haha prretty interested in a 350z
an r34 is 400kg heavier than the s15, so assuming all dyno figures are correct and both cars are set up well, the s15 should spank the skyline all day long. the fact that you can only "stick along side him" suggests to me that your car has considerably less power than the original stated figures. BUT as has been said several times on this thread, your figures are not possible on the mods you have.

i have maxed injectors and afm and run around 295 at the fly @15psi