What's new

Venting standard BOV

Reaction score
Country
A picture paints a thousand words...

Disconnected the recirc and blocked the uncharged side with good old mt franklin.
Problem is the car stalls sometimes. I presume it has something to do with the small hole in the stock bov sucking in air and leaning out the mix.

Any help appreciated.

Don't ask why I did it....and don't rip me for it either all you pigeon lovers

Reaction score
Country
i'd remove that bottle top and stick a proper bung in it.. if theres a slight leak or it goes flying out then i predict boost problems. points for creativity though! :D

Reaction score
Country
Jase theres no risk of it shooting out as its the non charged side ;) ive got a champagne bottle cork blocking mine :D

Reaction score
Country
LOL i was searching the house for a champagne cork! But does yours stall? Or do you have a different BOV? My exhaust smells different too. Pretty sure its the hole in the BOV making it lean out at idle.

Reaction score
Country
No mine doesnt stall. Ive completely removed the stock BOV and blocked up all 3 holes. Exhaust doesnt smell funny, uses more fuel if anything lol :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
a bung is 4 quid off ebay man, you can't afford that but you can afford to run an s15 - shame on you lol :p

Reaction score
Country
Struggling to pay the S15 off. 2yr loan.

Not for attention, just so i could hear whats going on. I connected it back together already, just wanted to see how and when the compressed air was released. Never had a turbo before.
Craig, have you never had an atmospheric bov?