What's new

Clutch recommendations

N

n6ray

What clutch would you suggest for a pretty standard s15, only got a full exhaust system and air filter on it?!

THANKSSSS

Reaction score
What clutch would you suggest for a pretty standard s15, only got a full exhaust system and air filter on it?!

THANKSSSS
But will it stay with only an exhaust and air filter on it..? That's what I said.. and look what Iv'e gone and done...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I was looking at the two clutches Craig has listed and in the end I went with the Exedy mainly down to price as I got one for 240 and the act was over 400.

I'm happy with the exedy very easy to use, and I'm running 360bhp which is right on the limit of the clutch, so only time will tell if it lasts.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The next step up from those would be the ACT Extreme Organic at the same price as the Heavy Duty, but you may develop a calf muscle like this after a few months..

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
The next step up from those would be the ACT Extreme Organic at the same price as the Heavy Duty, but you may develop a calf muscle like this after a few months..

I have the ACT Extreme 6-puck, it definitely takes some getting used to. I've been driving on this clutch for about 6 months and I still stall it sometimes when I get in a hurry.

N

nemesis15

i got a exedy racing ceramic 5 puk clutch, the things a fair bit to get used to but when you wanna give it a good flog, it makes gear changes a breeze its ridiculously fast haha. im pushing 290hp at rears.

Reaction score
Hi Mates,

I have had this clutch for about 18 months now. Retained the dual mass flywheel and opted out for the standard clutch from Daikin/Exedy. Below are the part no's :

Clutch Cover : NSC 599 (for Nissan Serena SR20DE) or NSC 538 which has higher clamping pressure

Clutch Plate : ISD104US

The clutch disc and cover fitted perfectly and is much softer than standard and feels good so far. This is the cheapest option i have found and want to share this for those who want to retain the dual mass flywheel without burning a hole through the wallet.

Initial impressions were the clutch plate looked different from stock as it had damper type clutch disc compared to the stock solid type clutch disc.

Hope this info helps all S15 brothers out there!

p/s : I don't know the amount of torque and bhp this clutch can handle. So far, no issues at all with slipping

My mods are FMIC, greddy oil cooler, HKS silent hi power catback exhaust system, adjustable fuel regulator and manual boost controller running at 0.8bar. By the way, its a daily driver in city traffic, have not drifted or tracked my car

Last edited: