What's new

Rear brake line help!

Reaction score
Country
Okay I messed up big time and managed to wreck the rear brake lines :(

I couldnt get the T-piece connections undone or the one that goes to the driver side caliper so in the end I had to cut the brake line to drop them all -

So that bit above it wrecked, and the 3 connections on the T peice are kind of rounded..

The end that goes to the connection near the engine is still okay but makes no different really -

So im left with this and need a replacement -

Whats the best way to go about this and how hard is it to make one up?

As its brakes I really need to makes sure its done right so may even see if a garage can do it?

Also one more question..how do you get the piston to go back into the caliper as I cant get 1 of the pads to go in as its came to far forward and cant figure out how to push it back, even after removing bleed nipple etc as I thought that would work??

Reaction score
Brake lines and fittings are readily available from local garages, some mechanics even have the tools to make up brake lines in their workshops(mine does!!). To get the rear caliper to push back you have to sqeeze and turn it(can't remember which way) and it'll go in fairly easily.

Reaction score
1. Get a garage to make you some
2. Make your own
3. Get a full braided setup

Make sure you keep that rear T-Piece as I has a restrictor built into it to control brake bias.

Reaction score
Country
Im going to order a complete braided line set from DB Power I think, this includes everything from the rear outlet from the abs pump to the rear except for the caliper hoses which I will get anyway for a bit extra, so it will have a new t-piece :nod:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Isn't it better to have solid lines on the run from front to rear? I don't know, just wondering.

Reaction score
There isn't really an difference between running hardlines or braided, just that braided look nicer. Braided have to be clipped down at regular intervals as if they are free-hanging they flex when pressurised.

Reaction score
Im going to order a complete braided line set from DB Power I think, this includes everything from the rear outlet from the abs pump to the rear except for the caliper hoses which I will get anyway for a bit extra, so it will have a new t-piece :nod:
Contact Dan at DB-Power and enquire about the T-Piece, I'm sure it's just a generic one that doesn't have restrictors built in.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i have fitted the generic t-piece to mine, but i have fitted two pot z32 calipers and an 8 pot k-sport kit up front, so tbh i'm hoping sending a bit more pressure to the back will help balance the setup a little.....i'll have to see what it's like on the road. a few people on sxoc are running the generic one and aren't reporting any problems.....

as for the braided lines - i've secured the long one in the original brake line brackets under the car as they hold it against the floor of the car so it can't go anywhere, the one that runs along the back is secured with p-clips :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Jay - as regards to the rear pads, get yourself a caliper piston rewind tool lol! Pretty cheap from Halfrauds and yes, you have to twist the funny shape piston end to get it wind back etc...

Otherwise I have one at home you can borrow ;)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys!

James I cant believe ive created this much more work for myself lol :annoyed:

I wish I had about £1500 to spend on brakes as DB-Power are doing a group buy atm and you can ket some really nice kits for decent prices! I would love wilwoods all round or even the monster Brembo 360mm up front for pure looks :D

Ill have to speak to Dan about the t-piece and see what he says..im hoping everything goes smoothly when I fit the new lines and attempt to bleed the system..a few people have said bleeding abs systems can be a right pain if air has got into the abs pump! I havent messed with the front lines or anything past the rear outlet on the pump so hopefuly it should just be a case of fitting the lines and bleeding.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well as long as you're not in a rush to get things done tomorrow you'll be fine dude. And if you need help just shout! :)

I'm really on the hunt for dedicated track/drift car... was eyeing up a nice S14 last night on eBay only £600!! Looked mint for the money, rebuilt SR block from Horsham and manual box. I want to strip everything out and start from scratch, take my time and source most parts used i.e. from breakers and SXOC/DW as long as they are in decent condition. Then just have fun and maybe trailer her so no crappy MOT to think about lol :D

Reaction score
Country
Do it James!

I know you said you wanted to wait a while but think about it..a nice slow build and you will be ready to race/drift in the next 2 years :nod: