What's new

Axle Stands and jacking points

Reaction score
hey everyone :D

this is probally abit of a lame one, but im planning on fitting my new sparkly brakes at the weekend (pics will follow :cool:).. so i was going to get 2 axle stands to keep the front up to whilst i do it. but my simple question is, where do i put the axle stands, and where do i jack in from? i only ever work on one side at a time, so im abit confused?! i have a trolley jack though. ive read you use the standard jacking points for the stands, but then i wouldnt know where to jack from at the front?

any help before saturday would be much appreciated :D

cheers

Lloyd

S

S15 SILVIA

Don't go jacking it up by the engine, like most tyre fitters seem to. Lol
Don't like jacking cars up by the sills personally.
Usually use shock mounts etc.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I jack from the engine subframe (to lift both sides at once) and normally put the stands on the inner ends of the front lower arms. Theres no real right or wrong way to do this, just don't jack from the cross member that is just behind the front bumper as the whole panel is only held on with spot welds! :)

Reaction score
cool thanks for your help people, will be giving some of these options ago tomorow.. its not going to be up in the air for a long time, but ill find the best way!

cheers :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
And always jack up the rear using diff - the casing is strong enough... gets both wheels up same time... saves lots of faffing about lol ;)

Fook me jacking up the Stagea is slightly more hard work than the S15!!!! lmao :rotfl: