What's new

Need help asap! removing s15 engine...

Reaction score
Hey guys need help if anyones done it before.. swaping another sr20 into my s15.

i'm at the stage of pulling out the engine (don't ask why i can't pull out the gearbox at the same time) but i can't seem to seperate it from the gearbox... anything i'm missing i've checked and rechecked that there is no bolts holding it in still. but it wont seperate...

anyone know if there is something else i need to do

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
there is bolts at the top of the gearbox connecting to the engine, also I take it you have taken the bolts out at the gearbox mount etc and the taken the prop out? sounds daft but you will be supprised :wack: lol if there is 110% nothing you can see connecting it its hammer time :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Would it not be a lot easier to remove the engine and box together and then dress the box onto the new engine out of the car? Removing gearboxes has got to be one of the worst jobs to do on the car!

:)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I agree about doing the gearbox out of the car.

Reaction score
yeah finally got it off, would be ok if the people who did my last clutch didn't bur the bolt heads... they never coming off with a ratchet... fail :(

Also turns out my new engine is a jdm (going into my adm) only differences that needed to be changed that i've noticed so far is the emission control stuff.. sorted most of that so far, and the computer i have to change aswell. If anyone knows any others please let me know

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
it speaks Japenese :p j/k as long as you get the ECU sorted you should be ok.