What's new

S14/S15 Wiper Problems

Reaction score
Okay I did an S15 conversion on my S14 and I have swapped all electrical to S15 wiring and I have also swapped the S15 Wiper motor. Problem now is that when I refit the wiper arms and blades and I switch the wiper on they for an instant rotate downward onto the cowl panel and then go up, not all the way but most of the way and reset to the proper height. Then next time they momentarily go down again onto the cowl panel and do the same sequence. Are the S14 and S15 wiper linkages the same length and is everythign interchangeable between both setups? Only thing that was not swapped over is the linkages and the actuall wipers spline setup. Need this solved ASAP, any help is appreciated.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
not sure about the differences but are the mounting points on the wipers splined? if so could you not take them off and move them round a little so they dont touch the scuttle panel in thier stroke?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Maybe the motor wasn't fully in the parked position when you got it. I would take the arm off the motor, let it run a full cycle and then put it back on. see if that fixes you problem. I would imagine that both the S14 and S15 wiper motors and linkages are the same.

Reaction score
I had the entire thing scrapped yesterday and let the motor run and set properly but no luck. I am thinking about removing the entire setup from the front half I have from the S15 and tranferring it over as something just is not functioning properly. I am thinking it is the positioning of the small arm that is connecting the passenger linkage to the motor itself. Will keep you'll updated.

Reaction score
Swapped the entire S15 wiper setup from the front half and works a treat, still need to adjust a little but no problems. Not sure if the S14 linkage is longer or shorter causing the issue but one less thing on the To-Do List.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ok they must be different then. I would have guessed they were the same. Glad you got it sorted.