What's new

Spec R Half Shafts

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Hey guys this might be more for the ones running 2-way diffs over stock :)

Do any of yous know if when fitting a 2-way diff if you require to still use the stock half shafts? :confused:
Main reason I am asking is I am selling my stock diff but have had alot of people asking me if these are also for sale?
Cheers

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
When you say half shafts you mean the ones that go into the diff and not the axle shafts correct?

Some diffs come with half shafts specific to that diff. Nissan has about 10 different kinds of half shafts and you have to make sure and get the right ones. My stock half shafts wouldn't work with my Nismo Pro 2-way. The differences that you have to look for are the spline lengths and the location of the c-clip to lock it into the diff. If the splines don't engage with the internal splines properly that is obviously a problem. If the c-clip is in the wrong location either the half shaft won't lock into the diff and be able to pull out easily or it will not fit into the diff all the way and oil will leak out around the seal.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Its the half shafts that go into the diff,

So really I am aswell selling them if I am going to go for say a Kaaz 2 way or Nismo Pro like yourself?

Cheers :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Don't sell them until you know you 100% won't need them as they are rare to say the least, hence the interest!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I know there hard to come by but I wont know for a good few months till after the engine rebuild till I start work on the underneath lol still £300 for a Spec R diff fair priced?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Seems about right to me - I'm not 100% sure but I think that if the diffs going into a S14 they will need the half shafts for it too..

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Its going into a S13 am sure but going from what all the other prices were £300 seemed fair to be for just the diff on its own :) will see if anyone gets back to me on SXOC and Driftworks aswell
Cheers guys appreciate it!

Reaction score
I sold my diff with halfshafts for 300£..

You will need the halfshafts if u get a s15 specific LSD... But if like me you buy a s14a one you can just fit that and use a set of s14a halfshafts..

I got a pair from a guy of sxoc for £30. Just put it in th wanted section.,

I used s14a LSD as I found one of a private seller that hadn't used it and got a bargain..

Whatever LSD you use you need the halfshafts to fit.. You can fit any LSD in pretty any of the Nissan models that use the r200 casing ie. S13,14,14a,skyline,300zx etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I sold my diff with halfshafts for 300£..

You will need the halfshafts if u get a s15 specific LSD... But if like me you buy a s14a one you can just fit that and use a set of s14a halfshafts..

I got a pair from a guy of sxoc for £30. Just put it in th wanted section.,

I used s14a LSD as I found one of a private seller that hadn't used it and got a bargain..

Whatever LSD you use you need the halfshafts to fit.. You can fit any LSD in pretty any of the Nissan models that use the r200 casing ie. S13,14,14a,skyline,300zx etc.
You got how much for your diff and shafts!!!, think i might start importing jap parts into the UK, you would only get $350 NZD for that here.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I wont be using a S14a diff though its going to be a 2-way thats why am asking as the halfshafts will be totaly different then I can sell these with the diff :)

Reaction score
My diff is a brand new kaaz 2 way unit but it's designed for the s14a hence needing the shafts from the 14a.. Kaaz don't come with there own shafts also btw..

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Cheers for the info guys Channie on SXOC explained it exactly what the script was :) cheers for the info guys! appreciate it diffs been sold now woop :wack: