What's new

S14 - S15 Suspension - The Same??? Info required

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

I'm sure this has been answered before but I find a clear thread on this..

Is the S14 suspension with respect to coilovers and adjustable arms (tension, tie, toe, traction, camber) the same as the S15?

Reason for asking is that i'm in the US for a bit and they have loads of suspension parts for the S14 and very little for the S15 (as it wasn't sold there).

Just want to make sure that if I buys any bits here there gonna fit ok, cheers.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah it is all exactly the same mate. I just bought literally everything on your list and it's all labelled up as S14 stuff but it's the same :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They sure are! Fill your suitcases ;)

Reaction score
Rear shocks are slightly shorter on s14. But apart from that the same.. If you buying coilovers then it doesn't matter as you can adjust it.

Adj arms all sane from s14

Reaction score
Country
they only part that i've seen a difference is on the nismo s-tune suspension, where the front is a bit lower in one of the two (can't remember which one) and the spring rate is a bit different. Adj. coils are all the same for the two, and everything else too from my experience.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Technically the standard suspension is different (ride height etc) but aftermarket stuff is all the same :)

Reaction score
I have s15 specific coilovers on mine from apex I spoke to Bren regarding this. They didn't have the spring rate I wanted in stock as I would of had the s14 specific if they did. So he had to order it in, so I had specific as he had to order it. He said the only difference is rear shock length.

But as said it really don't matter

Reaction score
6/5 fast road ones.. Thinking I would of been better suited to 8/6 now.. Had to add more preload on the front of mine to get the feel I wanted.. Anti roll bars helped tons though and feels alot more steady on a longer sweeping corner as it won't lean the same way. I'm very happy with it now though.

Got my alignment done at A line.. A* service there top Lads and was only £56 for a full alignment.

Anyone in west midlands should go there if your reading this there in Dudley..

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha, good plug for A Line! :p I have 8/6 on Apex coilys and they are too firm for road IMO so I'm swapping to 7/5 HSD's.

I will use them to get mine set up as I don't want to drive far with it set up by me and my uncalibrated eye. How long do they spend setting up and do they allocate for staggered wheels?

Reaction score
I'm serious though I was so impressed with them. I don't normally like taking my car anywhere for fear of people trying to rip you off with sh## service.. But I was very happy to part with my money after..

As for staggered I'm sure they can cater but not 100% but they set up all the driftworks car. So they must be able to.

Takes 30mins tops.. But I asked to many questions and took a bit longer, but they had the time to explain everything to you which I liked

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I have use A line a few times for different cars, twice for the S15 so far. I thoroughly recommend them for anybody wanting there alignment doing :nod:

They keep a record of the setting on your car too, so if you go back again you can see whats changed, or alter it to suit how you want it to drive :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
As has been said, S14 suspension fits withou issue, but spring rate are different due to the S14 being heavier.

I'm running 6/5 aswell, they are good for fast road, but on the hardest damper setting, still a little soft for track use, thought about getting thicker anti-roll bars, worried it screws up it on road handling. I drive a lot of b-roads, last thing I want is a wheel lifting!!

Reaction score
I understand your concern but I was hitting some b roads hard in the dark the other day chasing my mates evo 6 and it felt really good with no wheel lifting.

Was nice to push the 2 way aswell.. It's pushes you outta bends with precision that i never got with the helical. hard to explain if you haven't played with one.. Only thing is you need to be committed to your movements otherwise take care in changing inputs lol.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good stuff, I'll add them to my shopping list - who needs food..... :thumbs:

Re the diff, I have heard that from quite a few folks that have aftermarket 1.5/2ways, although backing off mid conrmer must be interesting :wack: