What's new

question about hks ssqv

Reaction score
hi guys im starting to collect bits for my car as its only a few weeks away now!!! im after a BOV and seems the hks ssqv is a common one, but was just wondering if i need an S15 specific one or a universal one!! ive done some searching but still a bit unsure what the S15 specific one will have different than a universal one?? dont think im gonna re-circ it but i suppose its an option that will be needed..

any help appreciated!!
cheers

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You can have it VTA but it won't do the car any favours if your still running a MAF sensor. And it sounds chavvy :p

If you get a S15 specific one you normally get the hot/cold pipe too but I'm not sure what you get with the SSQV.

Reaction score
You can have it VTA but it won't do the car any favours if your still running a MAF sensor. And it sounds chavvy :p

If you get a S15 specific one you normally get the hot/cold pipe too but I'm not sure what you get with the SSQV.
Cheers for the reply! What do you recommend doing? As I'm new to turbo cars and don't really have a clue yet!!! I will be running a front mount Intercooler as well don't know if that matters?!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Personally I would have any BOV recircing as per the original valve. Not just for noise, but to prevent overfueling and the many bad points associated with this.

I have a forge recirc valve on mine as it works well and can handle more boost than the standard valve.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I have the HKS SSQV 3 the S15 Specific one comes with instructions for fitting it just for the S15 and the parts you need aswell (mounting point and rubber hose that will replace the stock one that comes from the intercooler pipe on the TB side) it doesnt come with a recirc kit though you need to buy them separate :)

Reaction score
So is it worth just buying a universal one then as they are seriously cheaper!! and then buying the re-circ kit after??

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I got mine from JDM Performace about 10 month ago or so and it was about (I think) £195 which was the same price and their universal ones aswell :)

D

djmasterg

That's what I did - got a standard (universal) hks bov and went to sumopower for recirc pipe (around 15 GBP). It works fine for me.

Reaction score
Yeah think I will wait till car is here then get one, there is enough to choose from!! Also I want to have my front mount at same time!!!

Reaction score
I have ssqv recirced and like it. Was a universal one and I just got some hose and fitted it. Done!

I'd like to try the forge though as heard good things as there is some adjustabilty there..

The older ssqv model did have a adjustment screw but the new type I have doesn't and it requires a bit of boost to get it to dump. This means if you don't boost it through gears ur slightly overfuelling causing some pops every so often.

Mine runs so much smoother with it though so I'm not fussed..

Reaction score
Country
Agree with that, I do around 80miles a day to and from work and mainly off boost motorway driving and it pops quite often. It's a great BOV though and the car runs nice a smooth with it even at idle which has surprised me as it's currently running VTA, need to get the recirc sorted at some stage.

Reaction score
Vta will make it run even richer. My hks was making the car slurp juice before it was recirced.. Although they do sound quite nice vta..

Reaction score
Can any hks bov be recirced or jus certain ones as been looking at pics of them and can't work out how they are recirced back

Reaction score
I just got some silicone and attached to fmic and removed standard recirc pipe and put a piece of blue flexi silicone in it's place:

Reaction score
I've bought a universal ssqv, and I need the correct adapters now! Is the recirc adapter 29mm?
And could someone tell me what the actual size is which is attached to the pipe from Intercooler pipe?

Thanks