What's new

K sport Brake Kits

Reaction score
hey everyone,

ok so the car is going to need some new disks and pads at some point, so im looking at paying the extra and getting a big brake kit. ive been reading up on the k sports, and obviously they are well tried and tested in the time attack scene, but just want to know what peoples experiences are day to day and for the odd track day?
i know alot of people recommend the r34 brembo option, but as nice as brembos look, your paying the same amount for a second hand kit that is not going to be as simple to fit?

i was thinking the 330mm 8 pots as they are not that much more expensive than the smaller 6 pots, but do these work ok with the standard abs? and will these be ok with the standard rears? (haha the rears will look tiny though)

any help would be much appreciated, and anyone that has had first hand experience with them.

cheers

Lloyd :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
My car had 356mm 8 pot fronts with the standard rears for about 2-3 years, up until a few weeks ago when I began to upgrade the rears to 330mm 6 pots.

With the standard rears the back end does feel light under very heavy braking but it is still perfectly drivable. I did a trackday at Bedford Autodrome too and they performed faultlessly. You will read some bad things about them but EVERYBODY I have spoke to that uses them says how brilliant they are. Just make sure you don't have the first revision of k-sport pads though as they are rubbish. The ones you get in the new kits are much better.

The brembos look nicer, but don't match the k-sports in terms of performance. The rears do look tiny in comparison, yes.

Reaction score
thanks for that, that was exactly the response i was looking for :D

i do believe that most of the negative opinions will be from people that dont actualy own the brakes them selves!

any body else had any experience?

oh, and what would be the biggest size disc that you would get under 18's?? i believe 330mm disks would be ok?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've got 356mm fronts and theres about 3mm between the calliper and 18" wheel.

Reaction score
I've got K-sport fronts with 356mm discs and have had them with 330mm discs. On road they're great but on track they're even better. You want the DS2500 pads though, you can stamp on the pedal at high speed with no fade whatsoever.

330mm will fit under pretty much any 17'' wheel. The 356mm suits 18's... I did get my 17'' Rota torque wheels over the 356mm discs though, but you are limited on that size. You'd be best doing some research.

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, they are fine on the standard BMC. I'm in the process of upgrading my rears and will see what they are like on the standard BMC, and the Z32. Will let you know how it goes!

Reaction score
sweet.. all sounds positive so far. thats covered most of the info i was after! all i need now is my bonus at the end of the month.. and then i can get ordering!

does anybody know what colour options they do for the calipers?

Reaction score
got a reply from ksport uk saying they can do any colour, but at an extra £100, and you get no warantee. hmm i guess ill be going with the black ones then!

Reaction score
lol ive got wilwoods on mine and they are awesome, cost nearly £200 less than the k sports and painted them bronze myself, although i am kinda looking at getting ds2500 on mine soon though

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I seen a post on sxoc the other day the Wilwoods and bolted together and someone had their caliper flexing really quite badly :( how you finding yours dude as I would prefer the Wilwoods personaly ?