What's new

FMIC fitting guide.

P

paulphot

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to fitting a 600x300x76mm FMIC to an S15. It is not a proper kit like HKS or Blitz, it is a copy cooler and piping from another supplier. I have all the parts (smaller batter, hoses, clamps) but not the knowhow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :wave:

D

Derek

I am really lookin forward to having a go at mine once it lands.. Can you get battery terminal extensions? Or is it just a homemade effort?

D

Derek

Nicely said:
Some of the kits come with them. Most don't. You'll have to change the battery either way.
Greddy Spec M.. I very much doubt it as its a budget cooler. Do Apex sell them?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nope. I had to make my own. Apex will only sell you a race battery and S14 terminal adapters (which are too big for the S15). Don't buy a race battery if you don't use the car for more than 4 days at a time.

P

paulphot

Thanks S15R, hadn't seen that one before. As for the battery I got a smaller wet cell but the terminals are bigger than the factory terminals. I had to go to an auto parts store and buy bigger terminal clamps, then remove the small ones and fit the bigger ones. The cables reach all the way without needing extentions, I am mounting the battery north/south and it fits...just. Pics when I get it all in.

P

paulphot

Okay, last question, how do I mount the actual cooler. Do I need to weld brackets onto the chassis mounts and stuff?

S

S15R

You might need to weld the mount on the intercooler then bolt them on the rails or the front frame also you might have to relocate the horns

i'd suggest you to mount the fmic in an angle because the radiator sits higher then the cooler.

save you time and money, sell the cooler you have now and get a kit, cant go wrong with jap brand fmic kits, turst type M is pretty cheap for what it is :D