What's new

Ebay GReddy cams?

Reaction score
Country
I found a set of GReddy 256/264 camshaft set on ebay. Seriously interested in getting them. But, I dont know if this is gonna affect my timing, idle. Do I need a remap after installing the cams?? Advice please =)

Currently running a FMIC, Turboback, Eq.Length tubular exh manifold.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
personaly dude I would of got a remap when fitting what you have already as your not going to be getting near the full potential of what they can do so if your going to fit cams I would say to make a remap the next thing on the list to do, depending on what stage of tuning cams you have (e.g I will have step 3 HKS cams 264 intake 272 exhaust) you idle will not sit around the stock level though I am sure this can me changed when a remap is done if your running a stand-alone ecu like the apexi power fc :)

Reaction score
Country
im actually planning to get remapped after that too (waiting for AEM EMS S2 and tuner from overseas).. I was wondering if the cams have any adverse effects if I install them prior to the remap...

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
will idle around the 1000rpm mark I would suspect dude other than that it should be ok if your only going to be fitting it then going straight to get a map done ;)

Reaction score
Country
If you're seriously interested in them I'd scoop them up as they're discontinued. I just bought a set from Japan and I don't know how my friend was able to find them, but I got a brand new set. Anyways it shouldn't really throw the timing off too much but I'd wait to install them right before you head in for a tune.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys =)

Anything else to upgrade before the cams and tune? injectors etc.. Im uppin my boost to 1.2 on hi setting and 0.8 on low

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
I had a set of EASY cams before, until I snapped a rocker arm and scratched up one of the lobes. I've now got UNIGROUP cams and they are so much better and not just up top, pretty much feels like it's better well... everywhere. My car was never a power monster but I beg to differ with only a change of cams...

Previous dyno results with EASY cams:

New results with UNIGROUP cams:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Mods are just the usual boltons - fmic boost powerfc z32 afm injectors exhaust pod - and cams. stock turbo.

Off my head the specs are...... erm I don't remember actually :wack: I remember that they are "step 1" drop in cams nothing else is needed. I can look up the specs again. I did snap my rocker arm so I got unigroup valve springs put in too and would recommend anybody doing cams to upgrade to a matching set of springs since our cars are around 10 years old now. And I work for ALPHA OMEGA :D but I don't sell anything here other than my own personal parts.

C

cougar power motorsport

i would put cams and straight into dyno room. depending on boosts level or hp would be good to change injectors also, pump etc..