What's new

Rear wiper got mind of it own

Reaction score
My wiper seems to come on as it pleases even with it switched off on the control stalk..

Anyone else had this problem? Or know what would cause it?

Thought about just removing it ad it never gets used..

Reaction score
yeah i need a grommet mate, decided to do this now i think as it never gets used and will look better.

Got myself some vertex style bumpers coming for it and a Dmax rear spolier. should be all done late January :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Has your loom rubbed through in the front arch? Seems a little obscure I know, but worth a look.

Reaction score
thats a very good point craig, i didnt think of that.. i wanna get a rubber grommet and delete it but i will look at that.. dont want it rubbing anymore wires etc.

I raised mine up a touch as it was doing this before.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, that loom can cause a whole host of problems if you rub through it. I'm going to re-route mine and modify the arch liner to take out the low spots. Don't want to raise it!

Reaction score
I was gonna re route mine but my side skirts arent going to come off easily. the bodyshop riveted and sealed the lines to smooth it all in. you need to remove the arch and skirt to get access to move it.

could always chop them all and solder the all back together once rerouted in engine bay i suppose. just this will look ugly in the engine bay.. best way i have seen is cable tie them up out the way.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
was just about to say CABLE TIES haha!! Surely there's no need to move them Craig if you can just make them stick against the tops of the arch? :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The loom is clipped to the roof of the arch normally but mine rub on hard cornering or if I hit a bump in the road because it sits quite low.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
ah yeah didn't realise it would go that far low against the arches... thought it would hit bump stops first?! :wack:

You boys and your cruiser lowered badboy ridezzzz haha :p