What's new

Help with 2 problems

Reaction score
Country
First one is I think there is a problem with the ABS.

The light isnt on when driving and the breaks work fine but when the ABS kicks in it seems like the drivers side wheel is juddering and you can hear a clunking sound? :down:

What the hell could this be? I havent had a chance to look under the car but the breaks work fine, the abs lights not on but testing it just in the snow there is a deffinite problem as ABS shouldnt feel like that?

Problem 2 is the throttle -

Sometimes when driving and your gentley pressing the throttle it sometimes goes hard? Only at the top when pressing in...like it will be harder than normal to press down then when you go down about half a cm its fine..does this at random times? If i press the throttle fully down to the floor hard it stops it from doing it for a bit. Weird or what! :|

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
are you driving in the snow? as juddering and clunking sound is normal if your wheels are sliding, as the abs is going ten to the dozen trying to stop your wheels slipping.. If its the same on dry roads then yeah something might be wrong..

Reaction score
Country
It first happened the other day when it was slippy but no snow..was coming to a junction down a slight hill and a car was coming around a blindish corner so had to press hard and it happened then..

So I kept testing them on the way home and it did it every time so there is deffo a problem when breaking at full force.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Your first problem could well be tension rod bushes. The standard ones are liquid filled and can leak. You can uprate the arms to ones with spherical bearing type bushes (rose joints).

sx-si

Reaction score
Your first problem could well be tension rod bushes. The standard ones are liquid filled and can leak. You can uprate the arms to ones with spherical bearing type bushes (rose joints).
yep that what i was going to say :)
poss moog joint :)

tbh im not sure what you mean by the peddle roblem ut i think you could sort it byspraying wd40 o the pedal spring buhind the pdal ad by lubing the throttle cabbel