What's new

clutch making this draggin noise when taking off

N

nga-pls

hey guys , new to the forum and just want to suss out something. got a heavy duty aftermaket clutch cant rreally remember if its exceedy or something else but , clutch is making this dragging noise evrytime i take off , i asked the previouse owner of the car and he said its normal beacuse of the cltuch and i just have to find the right spot to avoid the noise. so just want to know if its normal for some of the heavy duty clutches making this noise.

thanks...

Jay

Reaction score
is it a twin plate? they are noisy... not sure what you mean by a dragging noise, could you elaborate?

G

gunner93

Not only are the aftermarket clutches noisy because they are not dual-mass but they are lightened as well and the revs drops very fast when you depress the clutch. Therefore you need to be more precise to match the right rpm with the gear change. You need to learn heel and toe when dropping down gears approaching bends. Also there is little room to slip during changing gears. Abit of a PITA for daily drive or those who are so used to driving automatic.