What's new

Where can I find roof rack/bars for the 15? HELP!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I know mint had the roof rack for the S15. PM him on Driftworks, I'm sure he'll let you know where to get it from..

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Roofbars = :ghey:

Think how many you could get in a trailer if you had a tow bar fitted ;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha!! No, I most certainly wouldn't! But I wouldnt put roof bars on either. :p

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
They will only go on to get me to drift days they won't even be on the car when I'm drifting. Plus rack £60 trailer £300 rack = win

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
lol Craig, Tooley does have a good point :wack: you didnt think that one through lol

Though Tooley you will have to park outside the circuit and carry the wheels in and take the roof rack off or they might not let you in for doing that to a s15 :p

Reaction score
Roofbars = :ghey:

Think how many you could get in a trailer if you had a tow bar fitted ;)
Also tow bars are gay, you can't put a tow bar on a potential sports car ;) Roof racks are easily removable where as tow bars aren't :)

i'm after one also but in no way shape or form will it be on the car other than transporting tyres to track days and dead tyres to the nearest garage

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I was only taking the piss with the toe bar comment!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha they are uber gay but I though all events have tyre suppliers like Mint Tyres and how the hell do you go through more than x2 sets of rear tyres in a day?

I barely go through one when I'm at Pod (assuming it's fresh tread which is the way it should be)?? :wack:

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
haha they are uber gay but I though all events have tyre suppliers like Mint Tyres and how the hell do you go through more than x2 sets of rear tyres in a day?

I barely go through one when I'm at Pod (assuming it's fresh tread which is the way it should be)?? :wack:
that is because you need more man foot! i used to only go though 2 sets of tyres, greco used to laugh i went through 4 sets at pembrey last! Greco is Mr SMOKE!!! he will go through 8 sets tomorrow without a shadow of a doubt. (if its dry)

i have 6 tyres so far picking up another 8 tonight :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
What about Mint Tyres lol??

Well every DWYB I've been to has been wet and some completely wet all day so I guess that's why I never use that much. My last outing when it dried up my rear set lasted about 7 laps of the EDC track so I think I was getting the idea that maybe I will be going through more tyres in future with more torque and more high speed entries haha :D

Reaction score
I've managed to fit 6 tyres in my car :)

2 wheels with tyres in the boot
2 wheels with tyres in the drivers side rear seat
2 tyres in the passengers rear seat

Have to take my Bride out to get them in and out though!

Reaction score
MINT TYRES
MINT TYRES
MINT TYRES
MINT TYRES
MINT TYRES

Stops you fecking around with loading tyre after tyre!!!!
Mint tyres are very good, but the tyres that they sell you have minimal tread. They get shredded in like 2 laps and then you've gotta get them changed again and spend more. That's why it's better to being your own tyres with good tread.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Fair enough andeep didn't realise they always supplied minimal tread tyres... thought you can get them to bring better tyres in on pre-order etc?

I always use fresh non-budget tyre if I can so I get a day's use no probs and usually on go through x2 sets :)

Tooley - free tyres? You must also be using worn out stuff with minimal tread? Or do you buy them from gypsies lol??

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
have to say I get alot of free tyres through my work as we sell them brand new to customers they pay a company to take them away so I have about 8-12 tyres with about 2-4mm left in them for when the S15 is in need of some tail action :wack: does have its up side to working in a garage lol