What's new

Nismo S-Tunes or Tein Super Street???

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Just as the title says, i'm trying to make my mind between these two suspension systems... The nismo s-tunes are the one that Toby is selling and there is another guy in Canada which is selling me the Tein SS. I currently have fitted Tein super drift as my intention at first was going for full drift project, but my wallet can't handle this anymore, so i'm leaving it as a daily driver. So what you guys think? i'm looking for ride comfort but at the same time be able to hit the track occassionally. I personally don't like the car height being too low as there are a lot of BIG bump stops around here (when i say BIG i mean BIG A** BUMP STOPS), so if i use Tein ss, i will adjust it once and be done with it... What do you guys think?:) Does the tein offer the same ride comfort as the nismo s-tunes? which one is the best bang for your buck? i'm getting both suspension at the same price and almost same condition... can't make up my mind :annoyed:

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
S-Tunes are basically a set of lowering springs on standard style shocks. They are soft and non adjustable (I used to have a set).
The Tein Super Streets are proper coilovers to which you can make endless adjustments. They ride really nice (not too firm) and are without any doubt the option I would go for myself.

What would you be using the car for?

Jay

Reaction score
i have teins with top mounts and they are very firm, but that is because they are jdm spec as opposed to european spec which are softer.... i still love em though!

Reaction score
Country
S-Tunes are basically a set of lowering springs on standard style shocks. They are soft and non adjustable (I used to have a set).
The Tein Super Streets are proper coilovers to which you can make endless adjustments. They ride really nice (not too firm) and are without any doubt the option I would go for myself.

What would you be using the car for?
I would dialy driver more than anything, maybe 2 or 3 times to the track a year to do some drift (but i'll keep the tein super drift for this and just swap it at the track)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
i have teins with top mounts and they are very firm, but that is because they are jdm spec as opposed to european spec which are softer.... i still love em though!
Which version? Super Streets aren't that firm.

I would dialy driver more than anything, maybe 2 or 3 times to the track a year to do some drift (but i'll keep the tein super drift for this and just swap it at the track)
Either would be fine for daily driving but the Super Streets would be good for track and drift days too IMO.

Reaction score
Country
Which version? Super Streets aren't that firm.

Either would be fine for daily driving but the Super Streets would be good for track and drift days too IMO.
hmmm, ok. So basically, Tein SS offer about the same ride comfort as the Nismo S-Tunes but with the difference that you can adjust the dampening and ride height + rebuildable. am i correct?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I love my superstreets. The roads in Sydney are crap!!! an the SS"s handle them with no problems. My car also sees track time, including circuit, motorkhana and the occasional drift day (mainly on a wet skid pan) and I have found them to be perfect for what I need. Even at the lowest setting, they are not much lower than standard.

S

S15 SILVIA

I've got the Nismo s-tune gear on mine, and I think it's pretty good, ideal for fast road driving, and is relatively comfortable. It's not soft tho Craig! Not as stiff as coilovers admittedly, but it's far from soft. They arnt adjustable in any form, but I think they are ideal for fast road. Little lower than standard, but easy enough to live with.
I do have almost all the Nismo braces and roll bars fitted tho, but I don't know how much difference they make to the stiffness?
I will be changing em eventually for Coilovers, but only really to get a better stance.
Mike

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
In comparison to any coilover kit they are :p

hmmm, ok. So basically, Tein SS offer about the same ride comfort as the Nismo S-Tunes but with the difference that you can adjust the dampening and ride height + rebuildable. am i correct?
Yes, but the SS are a fair bit firmer IMO having experienced both.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've got the Tein SS and as I've always said they are superb... especially for bumpy roads.

I'd say as a compromise between daily driver where roads are far from perfect and ocassional track/drift use there's none better!

Reaction score
Country
How much adjustability is on the Teins? Whats the highest (from standard) and lowest (from standard) you can go, as there's a fair few speedbumps and dodgy slopes near me and i dont want to be worrying about them too much.. lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
You can't make the fronts go too low but the rears can be slammed beyond top of tyres easily lol...

Have a look at recent pics of mine Jase... my front Tein SS are at the lowest and the rears are about 15mm from the bottom if not slightly more :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I believe they are.