What's new

lowering springs with standard shocks??

D

dil

Heys guys Im thinking of putting in 30 or 40mm lowering springs into the 15 with standard shocks, how do you think they would hold up?

I drive it everyday as my daily, not too bad roads and I always crawl over bumps etc..

Will I be ok as far as the oem shocks go?

Thanks

Reaction score
Inevitably it will cause premature failure as the shocks are not a proper match to the springs for obvious reasons. Itmay work for some time but eventually the shocks will give away as it will be doing most of the work and having the spring only taking up the tail end of the job.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Your stock shocks are almost 10 years old anyway, if you're going through the trouble of taking them out why not replace them at the same time? A good set of aftermarket shocks will make a world of difference in the way the car drives and handles.

Reaction score
Country
my car had lowing springs in it and the rear shocks started to leak at 100000 ks, springs installed at 70000ks the lower center of gravity worked well but the car still leaned around corners too much. Also once installed the steering became too responsive to bumps in the road as the body was absorbing more of the shock ( Body bracing will help ). the faster you go the more you will notice the steering wheel move like this. its a cheap option but will not last very long before you start thinking why did i not just get coilovers or something like nismo s tune setup.