What's new

more power?

L

lgotje

hey guys how can i get the ultimate power out of my autech s15? it already has a kakimoto exhaust, hks pod filter, hks coilovers, hks radius rods , hks earthing kit, light weight bonnet, ssk light weight rims and a full body kit. is there anything i can do to it to make it hammer real hard like chips or computers or anything? any ideas u have please let me know as im pretty new to all this :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Isn't the Autech an NA with SR20DE engine?

If so then I'm not as clued up about non-turbo tuning... assume you can still do better with decat, bigger intake plenum (or at least more efficient for airflow) and maybe upgrade on injectors, AFM and remap with Nistune like the SR20DET equivalents??

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
There aren't too many Autechs around so there's even less info on them than the Spec S :wack:

Intake is already bigger on the Spec S so I'd imagine it's the same on the Autech but I don't know. Bigger injectors, fuel pump & possibly a Z32 AFM should give a bit of an increase but again I don't know if the injectors / pump are closer in size to the tiny spec S ones or the larger spec R ones...

Lightweight pullies should increase you're throttle response...

Are you looking for a fast road car, track car or something for a bit of Dori?? My spec S got a lot quicker around the track with upgraded suspension / chasis / braking components :D

Edit - not many answers here;
The Autech model runs the Spec S SR20DE engine however it has been moddified by Autech to produce an additional 35hp through the use of a different ECU tune, extractors, higher lift and duration cam shafts, sodium filled exhaust valves, higher compression ratio and a lighter flywheel.
Unsure of Autech Injectors, probably standard SR20DE. The 370cc injectors are purple in colour, the 480cc injectors are a dark red maroon colour
Unsure if Autech has a different pump from standard SR20DE
http://nissans15.com/spec.htm

So, what colour are your injectors???

Last edited:
Reaction score
I doubt you will need uprated injectors as you wont make alot more power than stock... but when a spec-r is mapped more boost gives lots of power needin bigger injector flow.

Stock pump will suffice aswell, waste of money if you ask me.

Z32 AFM is overkill aswell surely, more air flow though i suppose..

High lift cams FTW, only way with a NA.. as you have the breathing sorted ie. exhaust and filter.. maybe a better flowing intake manifold as James suggested..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Tom I'm not really an 'NA' tuning background guy but I always hear breathing mods are important and also NA's tend to run higher compression ratios since the engine works harder to produce more power etc.

As Trial says maybe it's good to concentrate on other aspects as the gains and what you can do from bigger/better brakes as well as suspension far out weights the slight increases in bhp etc. Gaining a 20 to 50 bhp in the real world doesn't equate to too much (IMO) and especially being NA you won't see a big increase in TORQUE which is what makes the SR20DET so much more enjoyable with a remap (and helps drifting immensely!!) :)

But having done track and drift plus daily fast road I'd say braking late and with confidence combined with superior suspension (not just lowered on coilovers but ARB's, tension rods, camber arms) will make her feel awesome and worth the money on those sorts of mods :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the cheapest route to power would be an sr20 conversion.....engine, box and wiring/ecu will surely be sourceable for a grand and fitting would probably come to 500-00 ish depending on how complicated the wiring is. trying to tune the n/a will cost fortunes for very little in return mate ;)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Standard Spec R injectors & pump will be cheap enough second hand and if he was hoping to remap it there should be an improvement over the 259cc injectors & 65l/h fuel pump - if it does in fact have the same as a Spec S?

TBH, the Autech is 200bhp with high lift cams & high compression stock so I doubt the engine has much more to give without thousands being spent on it :( But if you have a couple of grand you could always S/C it :cool: :smitten:

L

lgotje

i was thinking more airflow and stage 2 hks cams? it will prob only do like 10 - 15 more hp and then i was thinking of putting one of those electric superchargers to give it like 5 pound boost? wat u think?

Reaction score
electric supercharger are you joking lol?

there a load of poo, just supercharge it or not bother i say. or swap over for sr20det lump

L

lgotje

yea but i cant super charge it it on a p plate and technicaly the electric super charger isnt a real super charger so the cops cantdo much about it

L

lgotje

would a rear mount turbo work? or is there a small super charger i could mount like wher the gear box is or something? cuz legally im not aloud a turbo/supercharger/v8 but if its hidden and say plumbed bk so it doesnt make much noise wat can they do?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
electric supercharger - what those pc fans? why not just connect a tube to your bum and fart pure methane into the intake lol

Reaction score
is there a small super charger i could mount like wher the gear box is or something?
Where would you then put the gearbox?

electric supercharger - what those pc fans? why not just connect a tube to your bum and fart pure methane into the intake lol
Fing PMSL, thats brilliant, and will probably ddevelop more power.

What about running a huge shot of nos till you blow your intake welds?

But seriously can you run nos, you said not turbo/super/v8.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just dispelling the myths of NOS (or Nitrous Oxide if not buying into the FATF brand marketing)... I've got a mate who's been doing Wizards of NOS installs for years and he says perfectly safe - esp if it's just a 50 bhp shot or similar.

These systems are usually only working and mixing nitrous with fuel when the throttle is at 100%. My only issue with installing nitrous is the cost of the refils and the fact that a bottle that costs around £60 to fill up again is not going to last very long!! :wack:

L

lgotje

hmm nos sounds like a good idea didnt even think of it lol how much does a nos kit go for if its a small one?

Reaction score
swap your head for the sr20ve one..you can get them from a breaker and they are found in the primera P11's and P12's. These are the highest flowing SR heads out of the factory. Mildly port the intake and exhaust side. Next invest in a good set of high compression pistons. 10.5 or even 11:1 if there are in the market. Step 2 camshafts and a good intake and exhaust system and thats about it. ITB's are worth the shot...but can take a long time to get them running right.

This is from a trinituner forum i read awhile back.