What's new

S15 brembo problem

Reaction score
Iv just fitted a set of R34 GTR brembos front and rear with R34 BMC on my S15
iv blead all 4 calipers 3 times and theres no air but my brake pedal is allmost hitting the floor and i have to pump the pedal a few times to get any presure
i got no idear whats wrong ?
theres no leaks or anything
this problems is pritty bad
and allso my hand brake dosent work its adjusted all the way out and it still dont hold?

Reaction score
i was going to but my mechanic friend said theres no need just bleed it from the calipers
would this be the problems?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes Yes and Yes!! :)

I recently upgraded to K-Sport calipers and we thought we bled the system ok with lots of foot pedal pumping and fluid coming out of the bleed nipples ok but as soon as I drove away the braking was very soft and never felt like it pushed hard against the brake disc. So I took my car to garage and just got them to use their usual pump tool to force the fluid out of the nipples properly and basically did a full brake fluid change.

All sorted now - feels a million times better. You get the brakes coming on properly as soon as pedal is pressed and it's consistent :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just air in the system... I don't think you can ever get all the air out of the system using the foot pedal method. Combined with the issue that my fluid was also on it's way out cos Nurburgring and a few trackdays have probably ended up getting it too hot so it's not working at 100% capability...

And changing all 4 calipers at each end makes this far worse... I only removed and changed the two front ones :wack:

Reaction score
I changed my rears whilst changing all lines and a z32 bmc.. I had absolutely no trouble.. Didn't bench bleed the bmc either.. Start the furthest away from bmc and work round car twice.. Just keep bleeding till no bubbles.. Simples!

All I had was clear vacuum pipe and a half pint glass with spanner in hand for bleed nipple..

Did you close the nipple when lifting off the brake pedal as if you don't it draws air back in again as the piston draws back..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
there is also a bleeding guide in the service manual dude as Sliding says you start somthing like n.s.r - o.s.f - o.s.r - n.s.f if you know what I mean

Reaction score
yeh iv bled the system twise to make sure no air on the second run
I dident bleed the BMC but i might give it ago
but my friend ses it might be the push rod in the booster might not be long enough?
dose anyone know if this would be a problem?
im gona bleed the bmc and the calipers agen and if it dont fix it im just gona take it to a pro

also my handbrake is wound all the way out and it still dont hold
im not too sure on how to adjust drum brakes but agen if anyones got any idears?

Reaction score
There is adjusters for handbrake on the rears brakes. Wheeled need to be off and you can access the adjusters through the holes in the disks.. There is like a rubber grommet in the holes.

This is something I need to do but haven't got round to it yet. Probably will do it when I swap over for a 2 way next weekend.

The handbrake setup is insanely good when setup. Locks up the rears with little effort..

Your setup sounds good btw.. I have the brembo front but skyline 2 pot rears..

A bmc stopper is a very good investment.. As your mods increase braking but one of these increase brake feel and make them feel so responsive.

Good luck

Reaction score
yeh the main thing i wana fix right now is the main brakes cause its realy danguous at the moment its like i have no brakes at all till i realy put my foot to the floor but ill have a quick look at the rears

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Take it to a garage and get your brake fluid changed. Any decent garage will have a proper bleed kit and new fluid is always a good thing.