What's new

HKB Steering wheel boss kit

Reaction score
Country
Well im in the market for an S15 steering wheel boss kit and ive come across a few, but ive noticed a few people are using the HKB boss kit thats on ebay for 20 quid posted which seems like a great bargain, but is it? are they any good? reason I ask is that my cousin bought a cheap boss off ebay and im not kidding but his wheel actually broke off while driving :wack: scared the crap outta him, but luck was with him as it happened in a car park :D

Anyways heres the link to the boss kit, let me know what you guys think, Cheers :nod:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
You haven't posted the link mate lol :p

HKB boss kit for S15 is fantastic... got one for my car but at £20 off eBay I'm really not sure if it's genuine item unless it's a used item??

I've used mine on track days, drift days which seriously puts it through it's paces... when you spin out the steering wheel goes crazy lock to lock!! So for me it's a winner :) Got mine from RHDJapan:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/boss-kit-hub-adapter-s15-r34-c35-air-bag-26256

With the ^^ boss kit you'll get horn adaptor, indicator cancellation and airbag light cancellation... the works :thumbs:

It comes up as £102 on RHDJapan site but well worth the money!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Those ^^ eBay ones deffo look like fakes to me and the fact that the price is too good to be true!! :wack:

If you search most respected traders online then they come in about £100... I would get one from RHDJapan as these guys are usually pretty quick as well considering it'll get shipped from Japan.

And contrary to my other thread about a lot of genuine JDM parts being made elsewhere, it seems HKB have MADE IN JAPAN put on their boxes clear to see. The eBay ones don't!!

Fake HKB (no MADE IN JAPAN + logo has no chequered flag)

Genuine HKB

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ah right I see, thanks for that, it is getting worse with all these fake JDM items being made, I bet its catching a few people out too, atleast there's forum's like these to do a bit of research and get advise :) I will most prob go with a make like OMP etc as they are a bit cheaper, the real HKB one is a bit pricey for my funds :S thanks again mate.

DOM

Reaction score
I find HKB very strong and the kit comes with the component to keep the ABS light off. Although not the cheapest, you will not need to buy another one.

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
No worries dude - just make sure the OMP has the same capabilities as HKB like horn adaptor, indicator cancellation and airbag light plug otherwise you might find going cheaper works out more annoying if you can't sort those things out! ;)

Reaction score
Country
So to fit an aftermarket wheel to our cars all we need is one of these HKB boss kits and the wheel itself? And if you fancy it a release mechanism to take the wheel off or is it a boss OR release mech you need?

Seen an old pic of Mints car over on sxoc and it had a rather nice looking D1 Spec quick release- shiney and blue it was :cool:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes to fit an aftermarket steering wheel all you need is a proper boss kit (like HKB) and the wheel itself. The quick release adaptors like Works Bell are awesome but remember it will add another good few centimeters after the boss kit so will bring the wheel even closer to your hands etc...

And before anyone asks, you can't just fit the quick release device as that HAS to sit on a proper fitting hub/boss kit :)

I've just ordered a HKB boss for my Stagea from Feast Auto... great service Adam!! Many thanks :thumbs: