What's new

Rattling Trunk Problem

R

rockabunny

Hi Guys,

I recently got a Silvia S15 Spec S and noticed it gets a little noisy when I drive. The roads I drive also does not help as we got lots of potholes here. Anyways The problem is this metallic rattling sound which comes from the trunk when I go over "uneven" road. Can't figure out what it is. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
It's probs just boot lid rattling or the catch rattling...

There are rubber stops on each side of the boot lid when you open and look underneath. You can twist these to make them stand out more so when you shut the lid it's tighter. Try this first ;)

R

rockabunny

K, After driving around today I can official say it has solved 95% of the boot rattling problem. There is still a slight rattle on occasion which is a bit of a annoyance. I wonder if there is anything else which can be done beside adjusting the boot rubber stoppers. But thanks again Lupix.. your solution is definitely a first thing to do with this problem.

R

rockabunny

Heheheh yeah it sounds funny but I believe the 5% is the boot catch still rattling a bit. its not a big problem but its still there and on rough road (Which we get alot here) it does act up a bit. Any "magic" to be done on the catch?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
lol at this thread. My boot has been rattleing for a year now, I went to a brakers and ripped a skylines boot apart and changed all my clips over and it did not change a thing! Read this today and after shopping had a play now its sorted. lol thanks

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
have to say mine done the same now reading this I guess its the same as when I had my bonnet and it didnt pop up cause I was playing with the rubber stoppers and put them all the way down :wack: woops lol cheers james!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
if it is 5% ratlling, get a 5% bigger pad :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lmao at all the replies!! :D

Yeah I've had to sort this out almost every week cos the spoiler with the new heavier solid ali struts pushes down on the boot lid so much the boot never pops up when I pull the release cable... it just goes 'CLICK' and I have to actually pull the boot lid up and open?! :wack:

And cos there's loads of weight on the boot lid unless those stoppers are maxed out (but doesn't prevent the boot from shutting) then it'll be nice and quiet otherwise RATTTTLLLE RATTTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE RATT RATT RATTLLLLLLLLLLLLLL grrrr!!!!!!!

G

GUEST_JDM

lmao at all the replies!! :D

Yeah I've had to sort this out almost every week cos the spoiler with the new heavier solid ali struts pushes down on the boot lid so much the boot never pops up when I pull the release cable... it just goes 'CLICK' and I have to actually pull the boot lid up and open?! :wack:

And cos there's loads of weight on the boot lid unless those stoppers are maxed out (but doesn't prevent the boot from shutting) then it'll be nice and quiet otherwise RATTTTLLLE RATTTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE RATT RATT RATTLLLLLLLLLLLLLL grrrr!!!!!!!
Did you try winding the boot spring up? its hard to do but normaly u can turn it n cable tie it in a bigger twist that should get your boot up better.....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hahaha this sorted out my boot rattle now too cheers james only problem now is I can hear the other rattles even more,!!!!!

S

S15 SILVIA

My headlining rattles and squeaks, really p!sses me off! Only seems to do it when it's cold tho. Keep meaning to pack it out or something, but the next time I get in the car it's gone, and I totally forget about it lol.
Anyone else got a squeaky head lining? Or is that a while different topic? Lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
dynamat is your friend :)