What's new

hhmmm oil light likes to flick on now and then :S

Reaction score
Country
i was out the other night and gave her a hard time and noticed through 1st and 2nd gear if i revved it all the way (not to the limiter) the oil light flicked on then changed gear to 2nd and it came on again then to 3rd and it didnt come on so i paniced abit and went home left it all night to cool right down checked the oil in the morning and theres plenty in there topped right up nicely so i havent a clue whats going on.

has anyone had this problem and does anyone know what it could be as its proper annoying me now :mad:

Reaction score
Country
Dogy sensor mabi? Wouldnt worry if its got the correct level in there and its not going down..

Was it coming on in a straight line or round a bend?

Reaction score
Country
yee are there any specific signs for the pump going?or just the fact the light flickers?

Reaction score
I wouldn't think the pump would be a intermitant fault but either work or not.. Guess you haven't a oil pressure guage then?

G

GUEST_JDM

is your car standard or pushing alot of boost? if its near stock id say its the sensor or oil pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
If you were giving it a hard time, maybe the oil got a bit thin when it was hot causing the pressure to drop enough to make the light flicker?

Reaction score
Oil pressure sensor,they have a small diaphram in them and once they get a tiny leak they wont hold pressure and hence the light comes on.When the oil is cold and thicker you wont notice it,but once it get hotter and thinner it will come on.