What's new

S15 Rear Brake pad change

Reaction score
Country
I changed my rear brake pads today for some ferodo pads. After i had put her all back together, i put the handbrake on and its seems to be higher than before. Surley having new pads the cable should have less movment before the brake is engaged. Do you have to adjust it when you change the pads? Or am i just going mad?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
am pritty sure on our cars the hardbrake it set up to the handbrake shoes on the back rather than the pads :confused: I would just tighten the cabels up tbh dude so its only 3-4 clicks tops before its fully on if you like to rip it every so often :wack:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, we have the normal rear callipers with the lever arm for the handbrake. The Z32 conversion converts it to a drum setup within the disc.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Aww havent actually took the brakes appart on this car yet but that would make scence for the conversion, and why most d1 road cars run 2 handbrakes one cable and the other hydraulic :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I just did mine last week... yes the handbrake initially pulls very high cos the pistons on rear caliper had to be wound right back but after putting back together and stamping on the brake pedal lots I found my handbrake was back to normal.

When you remove the rear caliper the whole handbrake cable assembly comes off with it so the cable should not have altered in any way :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
BTW - I put on some Ferodo DB2500's as I think the DS2500's for the rear were too pricey! :wack:

Chris from Conceptua recommended these as they are used on heavier cars in general... still have decent performance and work out around £40 IIRC so much, much cheaper hehe :thumbs: