What's new

Which Exhaust

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Swapping out my de-cat for the Cat to get her ready for MOT, checked the whole system to make sure it wasnt blowing, found a snapped bolt on the rear muffler :rolleyes:, I now have the box off but the bolts are rusted to the flange.

Yes I could drill it out etc and put it all back together, but the box has grounded out a couple of times (pre my ownership) and the mid section also has a flat spot, so thinking of replacing the exhaust from the cat back.

Have a had a look on website's of all the usual suspects (RHD, Nengun etc), the current mid and muffler are marked with "Mega" and I like the sound, its not too loud but is not as quiet as say a Silent Hi-power.

So whats the thoughts on a replacement?
Is a Blitz Nur spec-R pushing it a bit in terms of volume?
Where else sells exhausts?

Cheers :)

Jay

Reaction score
japspeed? although the sound is great, i think if im reading you right it may be a little loud. anyhow their catback retails at £280 odd. i got it and love it to bits, but my neighbours complain about the volume when i leave for work at 3.45am :annoyed:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The HKS silent hi power is a good choice but not the cheapest.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ive got a Blitz Nurspec RX, not R, its the quieter version of the R.

Purs very nice at idle, and it does get fairly loud on full chat.

But I wanted something that did not make my ears bleed on long journeys.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Apex performance can supply anything in the current HKS range. It is very tame on noise for a large bore exhaust.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Apex performance can supply anything in the current HKS range. It is very tame on noise for a large bore exhaust.
too tame for me now lol... I wanna ditch what's left (middle section already removed) and just go for a custom PowerFlow rear can that's smaller and LOUDER yee!!! :p :D

Topper where have you been lol!! :wack: As Craig says the likes of Apex can sell you HKS stuff... Sumo will no doubt be more expensive than anywhere else but being 'main' dealers they should get it to you quicker if you're willing to part with extra cash.

But also make sure you try Dan @ SRB Power for a price comparison and also Co-ordsport (Kimi works there). Main thing is to check they can deffo get the exhaust to you within a certain time frame since S15 parts are rarely in stock!

Last edited:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I know, I havent been around much recently, sorry guys. Have sold my house so been a busy man, need to get the S15 MOT'd in the next week so I can move it!! I think I'll attempt getting the current exhaust back together since time is short, then change it once MOT'd. But yeh i'll give those guys noted above a shout see who wants the business the most :D

Cheers Darren, I fancy something that is loud-ish, but not "Bam" loud, will look into the RX see if I can compare db rating etc

EDIT:
NurSpec R - 95db (with baffles :eek:)
NurSpec RX - 92db
Both £445 from Blitz, only RX is in stock.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I know, I havent been around much recently, sorry guys. Have sold my house so been a busy man, need to get the S15 MOT'd in the next week so I can move it!! I think I'll attempt getting the current exhaust back together since time is short, then change it once MOT'd. But yeh i'll give those guys noted above a shout see who wants the business the most :D

Cheers Darren, I fancy something that is loud-ish, but not "Bam" loud, will look into the RX see if I can compare db rating etc

EDIT:
NurSpec R - 95db (with baffles :eek:)
NurSpec RX - 92db
Both £445 from Blitz, only RX is in stock.
The RX does reduce down a fair bit but only in the backbox, the rest is 3" pipe.

I did wonder if it might affect my power, but Im running 320 bhp without issue.

Becasue there is no honey combe in the pipe you get some nice pops and murmers normally too.

I do have days when I wish it made more noise, but I think overall its a nice bit of kit.