What's new

Driftworks Vs Tein Suspension

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Looking for some opinions guys on what set up is really worth the buck, persoanly have always seen Tein as one of the best suspension brands out there though after hearing some mixed views and very good things about the Driftworks kits that are for sale for roughly the exact same price now I am unsure what to go for :confused:

Tein Super Drift Coilovers -
http://www.driftworks.com/shop/suspension-1/nissan-suspension/tein-coilovers-nissan-3341.html

Driftworks Pro Handeling Pack -
http://www.driftworks.com/shop/susp...00sx-pro-handling-pack-nissan-silvia-s15.html

P.s guys is it worth paying the extra to get the Rear lower arm kit aswell while I am at it?

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/susp...pro-handling-pack-s15-with-lower-arm-kit.html

Let me know what you guys think and your views on both of them :thumbs:
Cheers guys

Allan

Reaction score
personally i've heard bad things about teins and how the dampers leak and how the top bearing wears out quick. I've got the original hsd and cant comment on how they compare because i havent used anything else. I advice for a road car to get 7kg fronts and 5kg rears anything more is to stiff. As for the rest of the arms i also have these and would not recommend anything with the fancy rosejoint for a road car, they just can't take the punishment of british roads and wear heavly. Go for arms with pollybushes instead unless you want a perminate headache replacing them. The benifits can only really be had on the track.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
:) cheers dude, that what I heard about Tein aswell and their aftersales in general isnt ment to be much better either, So out of the 2 Driftworks kits would you say either of them would be alright as the arms on them seem to have the pollybushed though their lower control arms dont use the bushes and replaces them with spherical bearings?

Reaction score
Country
With what you're looking at, I'd go with the Tein coilovers personally. Tein is a proven brand, they take a fair beating and the rebuilds are cheap and you don't have to send them back to Japan. I'd pass on the cheaper brand stuff...

Reaction score
On the driftworks arm the front tension rods, rear traction, camber and tension (toe) arms have spherical bearing for the inner chassis/subframe joint and polybushes for the joint onto the knuckle (outer). The control arms have a spherical bearing on the inside and a rose joint type bearing on the outside. I do not surgest buying these (Lower control arms) unless the tracking width of you car really needs to be adjusted. These are the ones knocking on my car.

I'll repeat this again personally for a road car i would stick with polybushes.

IF you go for the driftworks HSD suspension package make sure ur getting the lattest generation of coilovers, these: http://www.driftworks.com/shop/susp...n/hsd-hr-coilovers-for-nissan-silvia-s15.html with impoved features such as zinc plated columns and longer bottom bracket.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I wouldnt bother with the lower arms personally.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Yea Al I seen they put a pic up of them a few weeks ago look nice :), cheers craig only thing I was thinking with the lower arms aswell means everything will be swapped out, guess I will keep looking for somewhere that doesnt uses these daft bearings then :wack:

Reaction score
My Tein HE Super Drift Masters were HORRIBLE to drive on (rediculously solid). Driftworks CS2s were awesome in comparison. I mainly changed to CS2s because my Teins seized up after a british winter, so I couldn't adjust the height. I think the threads on the CS2s are anodized so they've got more corrosion protection, and they're inverted strut design so supposedly stronger.

Reaction score
Don't bother with the lower arms like i said there really not necessay unless you want to adjust the tracking width. And its another paranoia that the locking nuts going to relieve itself and the arms are going to adjust themelves wilst driving like mine happened to do.

EMAGDNIM - Yer Teins are a proven brand and they've been proven not to be all that from what i have heard about them. I have not personal experienced them thou. Maybe someone who has can comment on there experience with them. edit - (as i now notice that someone above has)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Yea one of my mates had the same thing happen to his Teins Ryan, think thats my mind made up then considering the cost of the Teins alone you can get that whole kit for roughly the same price :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well I'm another Tein supporter because I've had my Super Streets on for 18 months and they're still going strong! :)

For a combination of UK fast road, the odd track and drift usage they are awesome... couldn't ask for a better ride and feel for the road. Yes they are softer than track/drift spec coilovers but DWYB @ Pod is bumpy anyway so even regulars at Pod jump in mine, have a go and say how brill the Teins work etc. I'm not saying they are better than other brands cos I've not had others on my car to compare but if it was me, I'd buy these all over again if I had to :thumbs:

Also my ride height adjustment collars have never seized - I've got into the habit of jetwashing the threads and coilovers every couple of months and also spray lots of WD40 after cleaning to make sure there's no crap in the threads ;)

Reaction score
Country
I have teins super drift on my car for 4 months now, and i can say they are pretty good package and perform excellent on the track, a bit harsh for every day use. also i've experienced KTS, HKS, and other brands that i won't talk as is not the main subject of the thread... and i found them to be one of the best coilover in terms of valving, that's me of course.... Haven't try driftworks tho. Hope this helps mate!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Another vote for the CS2's :thumbs:

I would buy them again in a heartbeat and will prob put them on my next S15 when I get around to buying it!!! I was blown away with the grip levels on track as was every person who I brought out in it - no exceptions! I used the car every day as it was my only form of transport and they were a bit harsh for daily use but I didn't mind it and put up over 40,000km on them with no issues. The cars new owner loves them too :thumbs:

I've never tried the Teins though so can't compare, plus I already had a full alignment set up with ARB's & Nismo bushes all round so I don't know what the DW ones are like...

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Cheers guys :) I think price wise I would be better with the Driftworks set up though I am a tad anal and would like all the suspension to be the same make (strut braces, track rods, arms etc lol :wack:)