Cancelling Seatbelt Warning Light

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Folks,

I've had my Bride driver's seat fitted for a while now and the only way I could think of cancelling the seatbelt warning light at the time and up to today is to pull the OEM seatbelt round the back of the seat and clip in the belt from behind etc :wack:

Now I'm getting annoyed that it's a pain to recline the seat and get access with this stupid OEM belt strapped across the back!! :mad:

Does anyone know where I can get:

1) Harness clip which cancels the seatbelt warning light harness/wire found underneath the seat.

or

2) A spare Nissan S15 seatbelt (clip only) so I can plug it in without having to cut off my OEM seatbelt clip which I want to keep just in case.

I've tried eBay and Google search but to no avail :(

Cheers,

J

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Adam - I'll drop Jurgen an email :)

Toby - I would have but thought getting to the back of the instrument panel is a PITA?! Can you do this without steering wheel removal? Only asking cos I've got problems removing my steering wheel... it's aftermarket and held onto hub by 6 hex type small bolts. But the tool I use which removes these hex bolts is turning within the holes so I can't get any of these bolts off grrrrr!!!! Either I bite the bullet and drill the damn bolts out or leave the steering wheel in place until I really, really need to get it off the column lol :wack:

T

Toby

Its simples mate, steering wheel can stay on.

You need to remove the top part of the steering column cowling.

Then 2 screws that point north holding the black trim on round the cluster.

Tease the top edge out - just clips in the bottom.

You can then see 4 screws holding the actual cluster in.

You will need to disconnect the 4 plugs to get the cluster out enough to see behind properly - these will be stiff, i used a flat brade screw river to push the release clip in.

simples.

Reaction score
Just connect the wires up on the buckle, I did this and the light went away.

I think there is 2 wires, so just connect them up. There might be 3, but not too sure, but just try difference combinations until the light goes off.