What's new

Big Brake Kit - K-Sport

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Hey guys.

I'm looking for some feedback for the K-Sport brakes, if you have experience with them I would really appreciate some insight to their performance and reliability.

I know a lot you UK guys use them both in race and drift cars, read mostly good things about them. If these guys are getting good results then why are there so many people saying that they're unsafe etc...

There is quite a bit of negative talk about them on Australian forums, most of the people don't have any experience with K-Sport but still have something bad to say about them. Things regarding safety/reliability and that they are identical to the G4 brand etc...

Anyway thanks for reading, any info is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I have them installed.

Reaction score
The fact there are Time Attack cars using them states a lot. I had them on my s14a which Lupix has bought and I've got another set on my s15. They're brilliant brakes, ive even given them some good stick on track and they do exactly what they were designed to do.

There's slot of people on the sxoc that bad mouth them too but if you read the threads, all the people with the negative opinions have never used them or been in a car with them fitted. They just bang on about the brembo 350z kit which has been proven to show fade. There's also people that have gone from the brembo gear to the k-sport setup and they say its like night and day.

With the two kits ive had, 330mm and the 356mm I know have on the s15 I think they're bloody good brakes for the cost..

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Thanks for the reply Adam!

Few months back I saw a 350Z in a parking lot that had K-Sport brakes, I waited a bit and was able to chat to the owner. He also said they were a massive improvement over the stock Brembos.

Yeah I've also noticed a lot of the negative posts are by people who've never had any experience with them. So I hope this thread will bring out more K-Sport owners, need some real feedback :)

Are the aligations that they are the same as the G4 branded brakes (also HSD, BC, D2 branded)? I read somewhere that the K-Sports are redesigned and are much much better then the other ones, but no idea how true that is.

BTW, what pads do you use? A lot of people say the stock pads are rubbish and should upgrade to the Feroda pads.

Reaction score
I had the stock pads with the 330mm kit but ferodo SD2500 pads on the 356mm. The stock pads aren't as bad as everyone says but the ds2500's are the ****! :D

They are very similar in design to the D2 kits, whether they're the same I don't know. The calipers are dead light aswell as they're all ali.

sx-si

Reaction score
if there anythink like there coilovers, hydro handbreaks or other stuff ive used from them i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you have a search you will find a few threads about this already.

The stock pads aren't as bad as everyone says but the ds2500's are the ****! :D
Have you used the stock pads on track? They are ok on the road but as soon as you give them some real stick they turn to butter! I used literally a whole set of fronts on one trackday last year. The DS2500's I have now are fine though - well worth the extra money.

if there anythink like there coilovers, hydro handbreaks or other stuff ive used from them i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole
That's the thing, they aren't. I wouldn't have k-sport coilys either due to them failing all the time, but the brakes are good. They have been fitted to my car for about 3-4 years now and they are still fine. The disks could do with replacing or skimming though but I suppose it's to be expected as normal wear and tear.

:)

Reaction score
No, Craig, I didn't use the stock pads on track but I noticed a huge difference over the stock brakes on the road, as you would.

The DS2500's are worth the extra money but they're a bit steep at £180 from Apex, who were actually the cheapest place I found for them.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
do the ksports use a adapter bracket or are they direct fitment?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The do use adapter brackets that come in the kit. If they didn't, every calliper would have to be a different design for different vehicles.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah my bad... I just assumed they fitted directly cos I don't remember seeing adaptor brackets when I looked at their product marketiing images etc :wack:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I know this is a bit off topic but what do you guys think of the Wilwood brake kits as they look near enough the same as the K-Sports? :wack:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I wouldn't bother with them personally. If I was going or looks I'd have the GTR Brembos and if I was going for performance/value I'd go for the K-Sports.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah the wilwoods get wicked reviews in the states and they all slate the k sports. But then I have heard a lot of good reviews for the ksports over here and in time attack cars they are used too so must be good really.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
People who slate the K-Sports have generally never used them or even been in a car with them fitted. Probably never even seen a set either apart from on the net!

To beat their performance you have to spend a LOT of money on a setup that is quite special.