What's new

Big Brake Kit - K-Sport

T

tripleJs15

Evo Brembo Caliper and Rotors with Skullworks Adapter Brackets, much more affordable and guaranteed quality.

Works great with stock BMC.

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Evo Brembo Caliper and Rotors with Skullworks Adapter Brackets, much more affordable and guaranteed quality.

Will have a look into this as well.

I've been looking at Wilwood and StopTech brakes too, but they don't seem to provide any upgrades for the rear brakes. One option is to use R33 rear brakes, but would be nice to have other options available.

G

GUEST_JDM

hey guys ive had the Ksport 330 mm 8 pot kit for about 6 months and all i can say is they kick the **** out of my r33 brake up grade on the track! the hole deal with D2 and G4 brakes looking to be the same product its totally un- true ive seen the kits the G4 and D2 big brake kits up close on cars and used them in another s15 they are still good brakes the performance is different. The go is Ksport, D2 and G4 all brought the brake and rotor design off AP racing for a good price as these were there old design rotor and caliper design ( mid 90's design) . Ksport and the other guys each used this design and made the kits in there own manufacturing plants. the steel in the rotor seems to handle heat alot better in the ksport rotor and the Ksport caliper is a fair bit hevier compared to the D2 kit which looks the same but in weight isnt. As an extra note the Ksport brake kit is TUV approved

T

tripleJs15

The stoptech calipers are the same as the Evo brembo parts are interchangable. You can Also use sti rear calipers, z32 rear rotors and ebrake setup.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

This is the set up I am going for as I don't track the car think anything more will be overkill,gonna get some evo 9 brembo's, can you tell me how much the brackets are and where I can get them please mate? Been trying to find somewhere that does brackets the only place over here is really dragging their heels on them. Cheers buddy!

Last edited:
T

tripleJs15

Here's the link to the seller, and info on the install process.
http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/300408-skullworks-evo-sti-brembo-caliper-brackets.html

I use the STI Front and Rear Brembo Calipers on my S15.
For rotors the front has Evo 8/9 Rotora's and the rear has Brembo z32 OEMs.

The front calipers use the same brake lines as stock Spec-R
The rear will need z32 conversion lines, or another pair of your fronts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for that mate, the calipers and disks I am getting are from an evo 9,so should fit lovely! you have been very helpful,I will give you a shout if I have any questions thanks mate!

MWTech

Trader
Reaction score
at the risk of destroying my yankee relations...what would americans know :D :D they couldnt fit a nut in a monkeys mouth LOL!

on a more serious note

its great to see them getting such decent reviews.

certainly the ksports are getting superb reviews on the evo owners club, especially with the track users, and there is a lot of trackday people there, all with big numbers. they are getting much more recommendations than AP, alcon, and brembo setups, definately with upgraded ferodo or performance friction pads

stoptech are good also, i know someone personally who uses these on knockhill atleast once a week, and has been for a few years. the calipers have been good, and they are destroying discs and pads. he has used a mixture of pads but is pretty settled with ferodo ds2500

anyone interested in the ksports do remember i have a group buy on at the moment :)

G

GUEST_JDM

i seriously cant give these brakes enough credit really!
My mate just got gtr 33 brembos and i can still hit the brake pedal later and for a shorter time than he can, for the price you cant beat it. teflon braided lines and the kits really easy to put together it was stright bolt on for me with no hassels the only thing that needed cutting was the brake sheild at the back of the rotor but thats the same with any larger rotors you get. just dont use the standard pads as they are not that good

V

VS15

dont mean to resurrect this thread , am wanting to jump the gun with this setup

front 330mm 8 pot kport
rear r33 2 pot

without changing the stock s15 mbc , is this a good setup for track sessions? comparing this with 350z brembo brakes and of course this is on a s15

Currently am on r33 4 pot front and 2 pot rear from the gtst on endless brake pads after 4 laps it's fading like crazy ...... advise needed

thanks a lot

T

tinto

^ brake later and brake harder.
it puts less heat into your setup and that will hold off fade.

All tracks are diferent, but I have r33GTST front / stock s15 rear and don't experience fade with EBC reds (with two sections pulling up from just over 200kph and 170kph).
It feels like you're much harder on them (so seems counter intuitive) but they will last longer in a track environment that way.

Sometimes (and I mean this with respect) we are the thing that needs adjusting, not the hardware in the car :)

Reaction score
Country
If you are going to use such a large caliper, I would recommend upgrading the MBC to at least a Z32 one.

On a side note, I picked up a pair of Evo 8 Brembo's after taking my friends car out on the street. I was set to order something larger, but I decided to spend that money else where. For the money I paid for the setup (Rotors, lines, brakes, brackets), it was 1/3 the cost of the APP brakes I was planning to order.

Last edited:
V

VS15

you guys should try the ksport 8pots 356mm fronts , even with the stock MBC , it could outbrake a gtr ....... crazy and well worth the money !