What's new

Definitive Offset for Max dish for a std s15 (with rolled arches)

subzero

Reaction score
looking at wheels after wheels and im mad to get some super dishu.

have coilovers .

would like to know is there a definitve offset , say for ssr profs / work meisters. in 17s and 18s that will squeeze the most dish out of an s15 with no wide arches put on.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I'd say 9.5J +15 for the front with a 225/40-18 and 10J +35-40 for the rear.

I'm running 9.5J +20 all around and you can see the fitment in my sig. The rear we had to roll alot and maybe a slightt pull but I'm running 0 camber in the back also. On the front we just pounded the little lip flat and I'm running -3 camber, no rubbing at all even at full lock.

subzero

Reaction score
nice thanks , very helpfull .

my mate has some 9j ssrs over on his rx7 , gonna try fit them next week for the hell of it.

ideally want to get some sp1's though.

Reaction score
firstly i personally dont think you can fit super uber dished wheels under standard arches but that depends on what you consider super uber dish to be.

I agree with what hypnotik says

here is the wheel fitment and specs that i am running to give you an idea

I have ssr proffessor sp1 wheel specs are 18 x 10j +16. I have managed to fit these under standard arches with the need of fully adjustable suspension components. having adjustable lower arms i have wound these in to the max to reduce the tracking width. Front camber is at 4degrees and rear is 3degree. I highly do not recommend this but for the time this is how it is to allow the wheels to fit until the widebody goes on.

hope this help

Last edited:

subzero

Reaction score
hell yeah, was hoping you would reply, your car is what i think of every time .

the profs look unreal under your s15.

must scribble them sizes down , keep an eye open , the dish on yours is what i hope for really. would love to just fire on arches but i cant match the colour of my car so will just have to go this route.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Love yours Al... serious stance going on there :thumbs:

I've got SSR Profs but size and offset won't be of use to you cos I'm running wider arches front and rear...

Will be getting spacers on the rears soon ;)

subzero

Reaction score
ya they look cool .... the red is badass. what are the rerars, theyd surely fit a std arch ?

AL - another questyion for ya... you have to stretch the tires much ?? and are the offsets front and rear the same ?

V

vti_coupw

im running 18x9.5 +10 on the rear of mine bud, they are work meisters, once i got the archs rolled it made a huge difference to what camber i had to use, im running a 235 tyre too, can get u pics if ya like! i know theres already some up on my build thread if u wanted a look

subzero

Reaction score
im running 18x9.5 +10 on the rear of mine bud, they are work meisters, once i got the archs rolled it made a huge difference to what camber i had to use, im running a 235 tyre too, can get u pics if ya like! i know theres already some up on my build thread if u wanted a look
off i went ... i tried carpos mesiters on , they looked about the same , should really have bought them and cambered the car to death with loads of stretch ... sorry now as ive gotta to see the benifits of super stretch after fitting big aul daddy wheels to the ae86.

any ways heres your pics ... fair suit the car.

V

vti_coupw

they are the meisters carpo had man :D

hers pics of them cambered up and rolled archs and stretched 235. ya could easily go 225 for even less camber too

Reaction score
is that front and rear ?? hardly ???
Yes the wheels are the same all round. For tires i run 235/40/18 but 225 is possible i choose to run slightly wider ones for more tread on the road.

Vti-coupw - you say u have your arches rolled. Are they pulled at all. Mine are rolled and have the slightest of slightes pull. I want to pull them some more to get the camber out on the rear. My mates dad who works at a coach works, he had a look and reckoned that i would struggle to pull the arches much without distorting the panel because of it being quite a flat panel, How far can the arches be pulled? Anyone with any photo to help me out?

Last edited:
V

vti_coupw

nope i specifically didnt want my archs to flare i just wanted the lips rolled flat, alot of the distorting is down to the condition on the paint and the panel underneath. if ya get it done by somebody who is good and carefull with an arch roller im sure it could be done with too much distortion

subzero

Reaction score
yup - vti , youve sickened me know,

ive a pic on the phone the day i tried em on ... but dosent matter anyways i doubt they would have fitted the front std wings.

were cheapo rims to be fair .

was looking a sexy ssr's profs last night, 9j +3 ?? was in two minds weather id take a punt and get em and hope theyd fit. tough game this wheel fitment malarky.

Reaction score
Country
was looking a sexy ssr's profs last night, 9j +3 ?? was in two minds weather id take a punt and get em and hope theyd fit. tough game this wheel fitment malarky.
I'm running 17" 9j +22, so that would be 19mm more than mine, which is quiet close to the rolled arch with a 225 tyre. I'm running -1 degree on the back, so quite sensible.
If you run them with a 215, that would be an extra 5mm of clearance straight off, and a couple degrees more camber would tuck them in.

It doesnt matter if the rear wheel hang out the back a bit, as it tucks in under compression. To check if it's going to catch, I disconnected the lower mount of the damper, and jacked up the lower arm to swing the suspension through it's travel until it was next to the arch :)

Edit: 9j +3 outer face will sit in the same position as the outer face as Al's 10j +16. They might be a bit harder to fit though as the tyres wont be stretched as much, thus less clearance, due to the 1" narrower rim., Although i suppose the strech of a 215 on a 9j would be similar to a 235 on a 10j

Last edited:
V

vti_coupw

jaysus man 9j +3 would nearly be the exact same fitment as my 9.5J +10, defo wont fit the front standard archs though lol wer the ssr's all the same fitment?

S.K

Reaction score
Country
This is how 9 x 17 et 2 sit on the rear of the car

The wheels are 17x9 et 17 with a 15mm spacer and 235 tyres

subzero

Reaction score
deadly stuff there DanH

the 9js were only a pair i seen in japan ... theres also a set with a +22 .

S.K - what a car ... see youve arch work done too for the +2