What's new

S15 Service

Reaction score
Country
I have had my S15 about 3 months now. Although it was serviced before i collected it i am thinking of giving a full service. Just after some info on how often Diff and gearbox oil should be changed? Recomended engine oil, brake fluid, diff oil and gearbox oil? Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well I can only really go on how often I use my car and diff oil etc... I'm going to change once a year (12k miles) and box oil probs every 18 months (18k miles).

Engine oil wise plenty of SR owners will recommend Silkolene (now branded 'Titan') Pro S 10W50 (although this rating is more for track/drift use)...

Here's a thread I started about diff and box oils that were recommended to me:

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?7476-Gearbox-Diff-Oil-amp-Brake-Fluid-Selection

I've already got the Redline Heavy into my box and it's great... deffo keeps the noise levels down and feels smoother than before :)

As regards to the diff, other guys will recommend the Redline Heavy but I firmly believe after putting this in mine, my diff now struggles to lock when it's hot... it's simply too viscous and causes problems when drifting etc. The Silkolene Syn 5 is actually recommended by Opie Oils themselves as the diff oil of choice for S15's so I've ordered these and will swap to this next week :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
There is a servicing guide in the useful threads section, but almost every owner does it different. My oil gets changed every 6 months, which is probably around 1500-2000miles. TBH it doesn't need it that often but as it's so cheap and easy to do, I don't mind doing it. Gearbox and diff oil doesn't need doing very often. There is a thread for this too in the useful threads section, along with all the oil quantities. Brake fluid.. every couple of years unless you have stock brakes and boil it! :p Air filter wash/renew every year too.

Nothings really any different to any other performance car.

:)