What's new

Boosting help

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, Hope you can help me with this

I only have a FMIC, full exhaust system (only from downpipe to the cat-back) and aftermarket air cleaner. Planning to get the HKS FCON IS ECU and HKS EVC boost controller along with an aluminium radiator by end of this year.

Im currently running on stock boost with plans to increase to about 1 bar on hi setting(only for the occassional street drag and drift) and stock 0.7 on low setting.
I would like to know if theres anything I should do or install before I increase my boost to 1 bar?

Hope you guys can help

Reaction score
Country
Change filter and fit an uprated fuel pump as well at least. Quite an easy job and not much to buy either. I'd also consider a remap if possible, if doing so then you could aim for 1.2 bar and 300+ BHP. You could also mod the standard recirc valve so it won't leak boost above standard.

Reaction score
Country
I also have a HKS SQV installed. The one without adjustment. It claims that it could hold about 2 bars of boost. Anyway, planning to get the ECU installed along with the boost controller and tuning it straightaway. Other than fuel pump, anything else i should be changing before boosting? what about the head gasket?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Head gasket will be fine at 1.2 bar. Get a remap too though, it'd be safer, quicker and more efficient!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes the last thing you want is leaning/detting or running too rich which will make it pointless upping the boost too much. Get a proper remap and see the complete benefits of your mods :)