What's new

Full service

K

Kieran

Lads+Ladies!

I've had my s15 spec s for three months and done 6kms, it had 99kms when i got it with no service history. What i need to know is what consitutes a full service can i change the oil in the diff or is this possible? what is the best gearbox oil? should i change the bushing with poly ones or are these a wast of time any other tips would be great like what engine oil viscosity to use, i seem to get conflicting reports, whats the safest way to clean the MAF as im going to put an apexi induction cone in her. Can fancey pad and break fluid make a difference. can the pollin filter be changed how do you do this?

Reaction score
A good service would be:
Oil + Filter
Coolant Flush
Gearbox Oil
Diff Oil
Brake Fluid change
Air filter clean/replace
Fuel Filter
Spark Plugs
Spray Bars
Clean the AFM element with brake cleaner

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ferodo DS2500 front + rear pads will make a hell of a difference and that's combined with stock discs (I'm running this setup... for now) ;)

Brake fluid - DOT5 should be fine if not tracking/drifting regularly but I'd do these when you install braided hoses if you don't already have these fitted...

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
If you're going to the expense of getting aftermarket pads I'd upgrade you're front calipers first! You will pick up some UKDM200SX calipers cheap enough with stock discs and pads, then you will notice an incredible difference in your braking capabilities!!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
If you're going to the expense of getting aftermarket pads I'd upgrade you're front calipers first! You will pick up some UKDM200SX calipers cheap enough with stock discs and pads, then you will notice an incredible difference in your braking capabilities!!!!
Are the Spec-S calipers different to the Spec-R ones?! I never knew that lol :wack:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
yes. The Spec S are 2 pot and the Spec R are 4 pot. (Note: This does not apply to the ADM's. All ADM's were 4 pot fronts)