What's new

Jacking Points

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Heya, done a little searching through the older posts but I felt I needed some confirmation before I did any more Lifting

Since a pic speaks a thousand words you can see were I jacked the front up using the engine support bar which I believe is the front jacking point for the car according to the manual.

Is it possible to jack on the bar in front that im pointing to were the Rad sits as my jack is pretty much fully under the car to reach the normal spot. Read in someone's post about a front mount point so im guessing thats it.

Also is the rear diff safe to jack onto, its what im assuming the service book is pointing at for the rear lifting point

Thanks

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
noooo, dont jack it up on the core support panel mate, it will just fold up. its only boxed mild steel plate and wont take the weight of the car.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
seriously - you're mad mate. i thought it would be like the chassis rails, made of cheese lol

sx-si

Reaction score
my chassis rails are mint too i jack on them
i never jack on the sill anymore

i just use a 20cm bit of long wood to spread the load and its mint
allough i can jack just using the end of the jack but the front bracing goes a bit flexie

i guess its more down to condition of car

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i find the best places are the sills with the standard jack with a rag on it, leaves them unmarked, and the diff for the rear.... but if it works it works :)

sx-si

Reaction score
i went through my old s14a sill a few years ago and that shell had bearly any rust so i lerned my lesson there

Reaction score
Country
if you dont want to jack up on the sills i jacked mine up on part of the rear suspension support things.. dunno their name, but if you look by your rear suspension theres some flat bits that take the weight of the car when you drive it anyways, so anything around here is a safe bet! (just dont put the jack on your fuel tank hehe)

you can use a hydraulic jack on the sills too, just stick a lump of wood between the jacking plate and the sill to prevent any damage to it :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If I jack the rear I always go for the Diff casing and take both sides up at once. If I do the front I use a big rubber pad adaptor on my jack and take a chassis rail or suspension part as they are both solid. The rad core support is only held onto the car by a few spot welds. I'm surprised the whole thing didn't just come off! :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I try not to jack on sills as the jacking thin metal thing are all pretty much flattened and FUBAR'd lol :wack:

Rear diff casing like everyone else and more recently on the front I can get the bumper off fast so I go straight for the bit which I'm pretty certain is in the pic Nikichi posted the pic of... although when I checked this I thought it looks like the front subframe. I've jacked it where the pairs of bolts attach on each side rather than in between in the middle which does look like it can collapse lol...