What's new

Blow through MAF setup?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i believe its popular in the states to have it fitte on the cold side, but id imagine its much easier to leave it where it is. if it were added into the intercooler pipework then surely its just another point where the system can spring a leak.....i dont think i've read of any benefits tbh...

Reaction score
Country
In the blow through setup the MAF goes after the turbo and as close to the throttle body as possible. This is done to have a more accurate reading of the air. Normally people that run this setup have an air vented blow off valve as far as possible of the MAF, commonly on the hot pipe. The problem that people usually reports is that because of the different section of the intercooler piping (90 elbows, core, etc.), the air mass is not truly linear (laminar flow) and will affect the MAF reading, so they try to have a few inches of a straight section before fitting the MAF to avoid turbulent flows as much as possible. There are couple of guys here using that setup and it seems to work OK. But i would prefer to go to a MAP setup if i'm going to achieve big HP numbers. Hope this helps a bit!

T

tripleJs15

That BOV blow through setup Only works properly if the BOV is between the compressor and the MAF, and not after.

T

tripleJs15

In the blow through setup the MAF goes after the turbo and as close to the throttle body as possible. This is done to have a more accurate reading of the air. Normally people that run this setup have an air vented blow off valve as far as possible of the MAF, commonly on the hot pipe. The problem that people usually reports is that because of the different section of the intercooler piping (90 elbows, core, etc.), the air mass is not truly linear (laminar flow) and will affect the MAF reading, so they try to have a few inches of a straight section before fitting the MAF to avoid turbulent flows as much as possible. There are couple of guys here using that setup and it seems to work OK. But i would prefer to go to a MAP setup if i'm going to achieve big HP numbers. Hope this helps a bit!

Yep, any disturbance around the MAF causes problems aswell.

Reaction score
Country
anyone got any pics of the blow through maf installed on an s15? thinking about trying it, as my new setup is running a synapse synchronic bov with the anti-stall kit,, but still having idling issues.