What's new

mazworx drive shaft broken!

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
Hi All,

My english is not 100% good so hope you guys understand everything :)

Got some problems with my drive shaft from mazworx.

1 month ago i went for a z32 gearbox conversion from mazworx including a extra strong driveshaft 2.5''

picture against the stock one:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7412/img1391sv.jpg

Bud last weekend i driven the car, pulled from 1ste to second gear (not even full trohtle) en i heard a big BANG. 1 stoped the car en took it with the trailer to the shop, and we find out this:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2m5ytxe.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2jeu2cg.jpg

How could this happen?? It look likes weak material to me?
my car has 425 hp (mazworx use this kit on there drag s14 to and have no problems, and believe me they use is harder as i do on his 800+hp car?)

What you guys think off this? warantee looks normal to me?

kind regards,
Marco

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It looks like a dud CV joint to me. Were you dumping the clutch at the time? Did you hit anything? a rock maybe? I would ring Mazworx and tell them what happened and see what they say.

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
This is what they say on the moment :(

Marco zegt:
Hi eric
Mazworx zegt:
hi
Marco zegt:
Did you decied what to do with the problem?
Mazworx zegt:
i cannot warranty that part
Marco zegt:
really? reason?
Mazworx zegt:
its not a defect in the material or something wrong with our work
Marco zegt:
bud the complete drive shaft came from mazworx?
Mazworx zegt:
yes it did
but that part has never broken before
we've been making driveshafts for 10 yrs
Marco zegt:
i understand
bud you can understand my situation to?
i dont have big power
Mazworx zegt:
yes i understand
which is weird
like i said its probably from wheel hop or crazy vibrations of some sort
Marco zegt:
bud still its not normal when it brakes then?
your s14 make more power, and drag with much more torque
Mazworx zegt:
its not normal no
Marco zegt:
so if i want to drive again i must buy a new one?
Mazworx zegt:
we can only warranty the part if its a problem on our side like if we did something wrong
no you dont need a whole new driveshaft
you can replace just the u-joint
Marco zegt:
bud the X that broke, where you take it from?
Mazworx zegt:
i can sell you that part at my price that i pay for it
Marco zegt:
no the alu piece (the hooks) are not straight to anymore
the u point don't turns anymore
Mazworx zegt:
can you email me the pictures again?
eric@mazworx.com

sx-si

Reaction score
just do as they say and resend pics
if they still wont replace it then i would get a custom one made and put a thread up on sxoc about the whole situation
as if they wont replace it then they will lose buisness

i personally like mazworkx but if its a fault in materials then it should be under warrenty

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The material has got to have flaws in it to snap like that. Your lucky it didn't flail about and do some serious damage.

Like Si says, threads like this put a massive dampener on businesses sales. I'm surprised he didn't just replace it to save it being published. I would have anyway.

Reaction score
Damn I have seen driveshafts do some serious damage as in actually wedging in the road and lifting the car and even at high speeds can be fatal I assume.

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
Yeah, i'm not happy at all :(

This he said to me now after sending over 15 pictures:

sales@mazworx.com zei (15:34):
well honestly the best thing i can do for you is sell you the replacement parts @ cost, if you have a driveshaft shop over there that can replace it and get it rebalanced
Marco zegt:
mmm
okey, bud the only thing i cann use is the backside
i need the complete alu part to
Mazworx zegt:
what aluminum part?
the driveshaft itself?
Marco zegt:
yes
because the hooks
on the front
are not straight anymore
look at picture 4
Mazworx zegt:
well you can cut the part off and ill can sell you a new one to replace it and weld the joint completely on there
Marco zegt:
bud than it stil need rebalanced i think?
Mazworx zegt:
yes
Marco zegt:
and what cost me a complete new one
including everything
than i'm sure it's 100% again
Mazworx zegt:
that's 5.00 over my cost to build it

I was planning do allot of more orders there (complete engine rebuild en stoker kit etc..) bud this makes my choice to do no bussines anymore with them! Its just a small thing ???:confused:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thats not good.......definitely looks like a flaw in the cast to me, i'm assuming thats a cast part by the way it looks inside the break....if you look carefully at this pic http://i53.tinypic.com/2jeu2cg.jpg
it looks as though its been partially split/broken for some time as a lot of the metal around it looks oxidized, with only a little bit of fresh metal exposed.
i have had this situation before with nissan japan, i bought a brand new z32 maf from them and when it arrived it didnt read properly, they said they didnt believe it as they had never had one fail before, so wouldn't refund me......thats no excuse, if you insist on the quality of the parts you sell, you should stand by them no matter what, this is why people go to companies like mazworx as they have a good reputation.

whats the problem anyway, if they exchange it, then surely they can take the faulty one back to the machine shop that makes them and they can assume responsibility as they made it........its something that should be sorted at thier end after you've been sorted out!

Reaction score
Damn really sad to see a reputable company like Mazworx take this approach. I have some guys that do business with them in the caribbean and there is one dude that is actually having and entire Drag S15 much like theirs built for us draggers here in the caribbean. I always like to deal with a client that has a good after service, not a sell and forget approach.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Marco, send a link of this thread to Mazworx before going much further and they may change their minds.

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
Here's the last part of the discussion

Don't know what do more?

Marco zegt:
mmmm
bud you must understand how you handle this situation, makes my choise to do more bussines in the future
i''m really not a person that makes problem with money orso
bud i went over to you guys because i heard good things
and i want good parts
Mazworx zegt:
well like ive stated to you before, we've been doing these things for many years, and have never had this problem ever
Marco zegt:
ask my mapper of the car: steve from fctuning
Mazworx zegt:
not a single driveshaft has ever come back to us ever
Marco zegt:
he will say you how i use my car
Mazworx zegt:
its not a defect on the parts or how we build it
Marco zegt:
okey, bud than you must think even more
how whe can solve this out
Mazworx zegt:
its definetly on the your side, maybe driver error, vibration from the car, wheel hop etc
i offered you solutions to the problem already
i cannot warranty the part
sorry
Marco zegt:
to bad!
i will share my situation to other people to, look how they think about
Mazworx zegt:
we stand by our products all the time
if we know its something we did, no problem we fix it at no cost
but in this situation its not the item at fault nor our work
Marco zegt:
so with other words, you say it's my fould?
there was a person to in my car when it happend, you cann ask him?
Mazworx zegt:
like i said before, its either vibration from the car or wheel hop that damaged the driveshaft like that
or even maybe installation erro
Marco zegt:
i told you how it happend
Mazworx zegt:
i dont know what to tell you
the only way a driveshaft u-joint breaks like that is from vibration or wheel hop
you can show the same pictures to any person that sells driveshafts and they will tell you the same thing
Marco zegt:
or weak material
Mazworx zegt:
its not weak material
Marco zegt:
and even then, i have only 400hp right
not 800hp
Mazworx zegt:
its the same joint we use in all our driveshafts and even the same piece we use in the S14

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
crap, crap, crap. they know its your fault from all the way in the us....just because thier one didnt break. they've never met you, never seen your car or how its driven, they designed these to be launched at 10000 rpm from an 800bhp drag machine and they apparently think that somehow by the way you drive your car its put more stress on the part than they can manage in thier drag car??!!

Reaction score
Question now is do they actually stress test each driveshaft individually or do they randomly test any at all to warrant that statement? This is very sad, in all manufacturing there is always a lemon, there is never the case where all items produced are 100% perfect, one flaw in the cross can lead to stresses across the entire thing. No one person can guarantee that it can never happen. Look at RIPS they guarantee their work and I am sure if you have an issue Rob and the guys there will definitely sort this out. Mazworx is actually pointing the finger at you and removing themselves from the situation as if their back is against the wall. I didn't see this coming at all from a firm like theirs.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Question now is do they actually stress test each driveshaft individually or do they randomly test any at all to warrant that statement?

I'm guessing not. This is poor customer service if ever I've seen it. The best company in this game for customer service is Apex Performance. They don't usually even question things, and sometimes even replace items out of warranty!! Shame Mazworx don't operate in nearly the same way.

It looks like you've spent a lot of money on that driveshaft Marco. Don't give up on this as IMO should have a replacement sent to you. Even if they do blame wheel hop - I've launched my car plenty of times with wheel hop and my standard shaft has never snapped :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Jesus that's bad customer service!

I think its stupid that they blame you and say wheel hop or vibrations, but if they are using the same set-up on a drag car and what not that will get put through much more stress, then how can they say that its was caused by you or by something minor like vibrations?

I think they are just trying to save money but in the long run it will cost them more as less people will now use them!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Have to say I work In a garage and deal with customers like they will everyday, though this is the worst case of customer service I have ever seen! and is an actual discrase, changed my mind about using them big time if I am honest

Reaction score
Me as well. I thought they would have at least offered a replacement driveshaft and maybe have you pay to get it shipped over or something.

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
I did some surching last hours on wich u-joints you best can use!

mazworx used the 1350 series spicer greasable u-joint

I read on internet the non greasable and solid ones are much stronger. When i say that to them they still come with the words we using them for 10years on 400-1000hp cars and never brake one etc etc....

some threads they say don't use greasable ones:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2065.html
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/greasable-vs-non-greasable-u-joints-1029397/

and much more to find on internet!!!