What's new

ideal oil pressure bar on gauge

N

neospezi

what is the ideal oil pressure bar when idling after car is warmed up? i recently installed an oil pressure gauge and it reads 1bar only. the irritating part is that theres a beeper that beeps once it hit 1 bar so my gauge keeps beeping when im at a stop at traffic lights. anyone can advise?

Reaction score
Country
I believe 1 bar is the normal oil pressure when the car is warm, mine sits at 14 ~16 psi at idle, which is about 1 bar. You might want to lower the beeper to 10 psi perhaps?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol my Defi does the same although I've got it set to kPa which I think is the same as bar??

Anyways mine always dips to 0.9 to 1.0 when I lift of to change gear at low speeds or coming to a stop at lights etc. It's really annoying as it beeps all the time if I have it set to 1.0 or higher so I've set mine to 0.8 and it rarely beeps unless the flywheel is being a real pig and revs drop like it's about to stall when I come to a stop grrrr :wack:

Reaction score
Have yet to install my defis but on the GTT ER34 I had that problem and dropped the warning a tad bit lower and works a charm but still setting the limit to something worth giving a warning.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
One bar is normal for me also, does sometimes dip lower.

Like Lupix I've got mine set to 0.8 and it only beeps when dipping the clutch sometimes.

You must be able to set the beep on yours lower than 1 somehow?