What's new

Moisture In Head Light

wutang200

Reaction score
One of my head lights seems to be all steamed up and I don't know how to fix this without damaging the light.

I tried removing the headlight unit itself, but theres a screw underneath the light which would require me to remove the front bumper so that's not an option.

I'm not putting my light in the oven as I know I'd damage it by doing something wrong.

What do you guys recommend I do?

Anyone else had it?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I had this too,started a thread on it,had to remove the bumper and take the light out,mine had a crack in though so didn't bother oven cooking it as it would just steam up again,I used a metal polish on the front of the headlight and it cleaned it up so it didn't look as bad,don't think there is much else you can do without taking them apart and resealing them though matey,other than buyin new lights

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mine is doing the same but then again I don't have proper sealed unit as the HID kit lamps come with grommets which don't fit 100% water/air tight on the backs of the light covers (circular grey things).

So I need to look into this again!! :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I guess so ,its not that hard to take apart tbh only took me like 20 mins to get the lights off the car and broken down but as I dint get around to actually heatin em up can't tell you how long the rest of the process takes. If you don't wanna do it then there aint any other options I know of tbh

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Why is removing the bumper not an option? If you don't want to put the light in the oven in case you damage it, the only thing I can see you doing is getting a second hand one fixing that if it needs it. (no dramas as you have a working one on the car still) and popping that in instead. You can then sell that on to someone else to do the same. But you will need to remove the front bumper. (in fact maybe we should start a s15oc headlight sharing group! Then we can all have shinny light!)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm thinking of smoking my front and rear light units as well:

Been meaning to get Lamin-X stuff for ages lol... should help to divert attention away from the crapness that's inside my light units :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That can't be legal surely!looks good though....
Love the idea of a light exchange group lol. I was just gona get a 2nd hand set and take em apart as I wanna spray them bodycolour inside,and then as you say if it don't work out I still have working lamps on the car

wutang200

Reaction score
I'm really struggling to get myself a spare set of headlights that I can replace mine with. My headlights have a silver backing so I can't replace just one otherwise it'll look very odd as most out there have a black backing.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There are people who do aftermarket headlights and with LED's, but they aint cheap and I doubt will be a better seal than the stock headlights.