What's new

Engine Hose Size Guide

Reaction score
Country
one to add on this - dont replace the fuel pipe with a vacuum hose :D
i'l add a picture of my balloon pipe later. haha. it expanded about 3 times its original size and was wobbling around all over the place :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol I would like to say 'I wouldn't have done that' but when I cut my fuel hose to let out the fuel filter easier, I ended up not having 8mm ID fuel hose hanging about to replace with so used silicone vacuum piping... BAD IDEA!!!! :wack: :wack:

The fuel hoses are re-inforced for a reason... they need to take pressure (produced by fuel pump). So mine had split within 2 minutes of running the car and fuel pissed out everywhere!!!

FAIL of the year for me :D

Reaction score
Country
quick question - i got an 8mm fuel hose from halfords, was about to fit it, then read on the back of the pack - do not fit to an injection system.. :s
It says fit '8mm injection fuel hose'..

but halfrauds dont have the injection one, so what could be the difference? if any?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
That's weird mate - I've never noticed that warning TBH I just ripped off the packaging when I got home and fitted it!

Does it look the same as the original i.e. it's got the re-inforcement section in the middle of the hose wall? If so then just stick it on... can't see it being a problem. I got mine form Halfrauds as well :)

Reaction score
Country
yeah is looks exactly the same, rubbery looking stuff with fibers reinforcing it.. only difference is, this has stuff written on the side of it, like pressure & temperature handling etc.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It should be ok mate. They might mean for diesel injection systems which runs silly high pressure.

Reaction score
Can confirm the throttle body hose connection is 70mm as i fitted my new purple samco hose this evening:D

Reaction score
Country
Since my car came with all kinds of different hoses all over the show can some one please inform me as to what size hose goes from the intake pipe to the actuator, is it a 6mm ID like the other boost solenoid vacuum hoses that james points to in the picture? as the one i have has a ID of 3mm?