What's new

Car judders on hard launch =(

Reaction score
Country
Guys, my car started to judders pretty bad when i hard launch it or try to make donut... Some friends told me that the differential bushing are shot and i need to replace it as my coilover suspensions are fairly new. Do you guys think that will be the case? If so, i've seen so many kits online for bushing, but i just don't know which ones i need, can you guys give me a hand here? Also, how difficult is changing these thing? i've heard some of the bushing are pressed in while other aren't... :confused: I need someone to enlighten me! :annoyed:

Reaction score
Is the gearstick moving back and forth like mad as well when you launch? If it is, it's the box moving - get an uprated gearbox mount.

Reaction score
Country
hmm should i get the nismo one then? also, it seems that the gb mount is the same for s13/s14/s15, i'm i right assuming this??? btw, i'm using a 5 speed s14a trans.

Reaction score
Yep you could go for a Nismo one or if you're hardcore get a Driftworks Poly mount. Yep the gearbox mounts and the gearbox crossmembers are the same on the S13s, S14s, and S15s.

Reaction score
Country
ok, i'll get the nismo one... but what about differential or suspension bushing?? where i can get those? and what kit should i buy???

Reaction score
Get some subframe locking collars and it will tighten down the rear subframe a lot and stop it from moving about. Try the gearbox mount and locking collars first, then try diff bushes after.

Reaction score
Country
Get some subframe locking collars and it will tighten down the rear subframe a lot and stop it from moving about. Try the gearbox mount and locking collars first, then try diff bushes after.
I've heard that the collar are just a temporary fix and the subframe will start clunking again in a short time... i think i might as well just buy poly bushing for the subframe and be done with it.

Reaction score
Depends on the condition of the current bushes. If they are completely shot, locking collars won't really do much. Otherwise they are very good indeed if you don't want to install new bushes into the subframe.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just a tip mate... if you don't wanna get Driftworks box mounts which are the hardest you can get, maybe try searching for Hardrace gearbox mount as an alternative brand. I bought mine from Craig and I'm sure they're manufactured in the States - might work out cheaper for you than buying Nismo etc ;)

Believe Hardrace are the ones Apex sell (although they don't make you aware of that)...

Reaction score
Country
Just a tip mate... if you don't wanna get Driftworks box mounts which are the hardest you can get, maybe try searching for Hardrace gearbox mount as an alternative brand. I bought mine from Craig and I'm sure they're manufactured in the States - might work out cheaper for you than buying Nismo etc ;)

Believe Hardrace are the ones Apex sell (although they don't make you aware of that)...
Cheers mate!, i'll give those a look. =)