What's new

What power do you think my car will make?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I found out the news today my bottom end defiantly went so once that's fixed and run in I will be fitting a stand alone link ecu, i'l list the engine mods so you guys can see what you think...

HKS exhaust
Decat pipe
Apexi air filter
Walbro fuel pump
Split fire coil packs
Hks dump valve
Apexi type 1 intercooler

Like a idea of what power to aim for!

Paul

Curryzz

Reaction score
who's mapping it?
Well the company fixing and fitting the ecu is Pro Performance International but they use a mapper who is mobile who will road map it called Martin, untill later taking it to marlin engineering in Milton Keynes where it will be rolling roaded to a final map, Once it's run in with the new bottom end

sx-si

Reaction score
dont know of this guy but ive a few friends in mk and they go over to birminghamp for gregs maps

as i dont know him or what boost your going to run im going for 280-295
i think is greg gets his hands on it then 290-310

Curryzz

Reaction score
Thanks bud, Adam at the garage(not the mapper) said around 300 bhp, so I think il be there or just under depending on the boost, I think it shall feel alot beter with the timing nd bits adjusted,I currently run a crappy boost valve, so iv been told the ecu will have a boost contoller built in I think he said and also I run a non reserc dump valve(hks) it makes it a bit juddery but with the new ecu it will stop all that and run smooth, correct me if I'm wrong

Reaction score
Get the NGK Iridium grade 7 plugs - I forget the exact model name, but go a search on SXOC and they will come up as it's what a lot of people use.

You will 100% need colder plugs if you are touching the boost, don't touch the boost without changing them.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
dont know of this guy but ive a few friends in mk and they go over to birminghamp for gregs maps

as i dont know him or what boost your going to run im going for 280-295
i think is greg gets his hands on it then 290-310
I've also heard good things about Greg sound bloke as well, you can find his website here http://protuner.koalacom.co.uk/

It was a choice between Greg and Steve (FC Tuning) for me, but I've gone with Steve now. Actually going down tomorrow to get mine mapped :D

Curryzz

Reaction score
ok guys i'll make a note of this, its got to be done right, im a little worried the turbo might give up with high boost after its already done 80km, we will see

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mine's still strong and I've checked the shaft - no play apart from what's expected as the norm... my car's done 100k miles :wack: :)

If anything it's the actuator like mine which is getting old and tired so not holding boost at the top...

Reaction score
The injectors and AFM will give up before the turbo:thumbs:

i made 308 hp on 1.2 bar but my injectors were being worked to hard so he lowered the boost a little to around 1.1 bar this gave me 303hp and that what im running daily.