What's new

Gearbox/Diff Oil & Brake Fluid Selection

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah you should notice a difference going from Redline Heavy to summat like the Silkolene SYN 5 with stock diff... straight away I noticed the rears lock up much better especially when doing donuts and stuff... low speed full lock works again haha!!

Reaction score
I will be changing it soon, gear oil did cross my mind as to why it wasn't locking so well..

Where u source ur oil mate?

G

gunner93

I remember reading a thread re the Redline stuff being a bit to harsh for the gearbox, may have been the heavy rather than the lightweight stuff.....
I had problems with smurf oil (light shock proof) after one month of use. Cant shift into gear. Then I change to MT90. It was back to normal. No idea what happened back there.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I will be changing it soon, gear oil did cross my mind as to why it wasn't locking so well..

Where u source ur oil mate?
Got mine from Opie Oils like usual mate but if you can wait until there's an offer (Oilman usually advertises this on SXOC). I don't usually buy anything until there's an offer on etc :)

T

Toby

Just got my Order in with the Oil Man while its free delivery - Looking forward to seeing if the gear and diff oils change anything :)