What's new

clutch??

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not sure if this a problem with the clutch,or whether the car has an uprated clutch maybe.
Have noticed since i have had the diff changed ,and my 2 way is no longer clunking away,that when the clutch pedal is pressed to the floor there is a light whirring noise,and when i am changing gears,and whe i come off the gas that here is a clunking noise coming from the car. I know it's hard to tell without being able to hear it yourself ,but are these noises something associated with a uprated clutch??
Cheers for any info guys..

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The whirring noise is probably your clutch release bearing just geting a bit old and less grease packed- nothing to worry about. And the clunking noise is more than likely the general diff/drivetrain noise being transmitted to the body due to you having the locking collars fitted

:)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Top man! Well that's all that sorted then,thanks for the info,thought I was gonna have another bill on the way lol

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
locking collars are a great mod for the money, but will transmit more noise as craig said. polybushing the subframe gives the best balance of stiffness vs noise. this is what i am going to fit.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah. The massive advantage of collars is they are so easy to fit - half an hour apposed to I guess around a day fitting the bushes. They lock the subframe solid to the body (hence the added noise), so it is effectively like having alloy bushes.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I see,never thought of polybushes ,did this off the cuff as they were already working on the car and had them in stock,has made a big difference and now I know its just a noise and nothing serious its not a problem was just a bit worried is all. There was a lot of movement in the bushes so I think it was a good idea, want to get full set of polybushes in the future as I had powerflex bushes on my old car and it made a huge difference so may change these bushes then too ,but until then these should do fine,cheers for the info guys!:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol mine has been whirring quietly a year ago... now everyone stares when I start her or stood at traffic lights... she's whirring/rattling like a biatch!!!

Then there's the clunk when I engage first gear, clunking from the uprated box mount and clunking from the locking collars due to diff as Craig says... LOVE IT :D :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Love it,this is no where near as bad as my 2 way ,people used to look at my car like it was broken it was well funny!!!! in comparison to that its quiet as a mouse now!!!